Today is my one year anniversary

by Abandoned 22 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

congrats AB........the first year for me was the most difficult!!

congrats Stealth on you 1000 post.

purps

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

congratulations! That is excellent news.

Smoking is a hard habit to quit. Your body thanks you way more then we could!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congratulations abandoned you saved a lot of money and days to live, had you been in the uk you would have saved something like $3300 on cigarettes not purchased in that one year.

• Rooster
    Rooster

You have already started 1 topic(s) in the last 1 day(s) out of your limit of 1.
    You cannot start another for 1 day(s) 1 hour(s) 33 min(s) when your oldest topic expires.

Do you smoke cigars?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Congrats

I had just quit smoking 18 weeks and 4 days ago.

Did it not only for myself, but for my wife as well who's been my primary motivator to quit smoking.

Yiz

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Congrats. I think I am about to reach a 19 year anniversary of quitting. You can only get there
    one day / one week / one month / one year at a time.

• juni
    juni

Congratulations AB!

A long time ago I had as a return visit a nurse who had lost her job as she was taking drugs from the hospital pharmacy. She was also a heroin addict. She also smoked cigarettes.

She told me that she kicked the illegal drug habit, but still could not end tobacco use. She said it was a lot harder as it was also physically addictive.

So you have a lot to be proud of with your accomplishment!

Juni

• bebu
    bebu

Kudos, abandoned! That's a milestone to be proud of!

...and here I was, wondering if you've already been on the board as long as a year? LOL

bebu

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Congrats! I'm celebrating my one year on March 25th

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks everyone. The one bright spot though all the crap I've had to endure this past year was that I quit and I refused to smoke no matter what happened. I went through a nasty break-up, the financial crap, had to quit a job because of the person I broke up with (really long story), nearly lost my car a couple times to repo, was sexually harrassed, and more... yet I didn't smoke. I guess I'll probably get through this latest bunch of crap as well...

Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit