Is The Borg going back to “Old School” thinking & getting more hardcore?

by thedepressedsoul 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It's all under the guise of getting 8 million people to be "in unity". As explained at our CA, with 8 million people from all walks of life, one of the biggest challenges the organization is facing is being peacable with one another. Thus the "Seek Peace and Pursue It" theme of the CA. That CA was all about denying self and looking out for the other person. Of course, that's not a bad thing. But much of it comes at the cost of individuality. It's interesting how little the Bible actually says about ways to be peaceful. Christ and the apostles left the "how" part of "love your neighbor" up to each person, with small reminders to simply be peaceable. The organization, on the other hand, has to control it. How to be peaceable as a youth at school. How to be peaceable within the congregation. How to be peaceable while in the field ministry. And so on.

I expect more control to come down. It's a natural course for a high-control group like this.

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    I noticed a big change when the watchtower started the separate study versions for only the witness, not the general public.  It felt as if it focused more on conduct by using scriptural accounts to tell us how we should live. It moved away from teaching us the scriptures, bible history.  This change was also noticed by my parents who have been witnesses for over 50 years.  
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

........and why not create a higher level of control when its realized that most of the doctrines presented for decades by the WTS were commercialized frauds, intensionally inspired to stir up the distribution and circulation of the WTS's own publications.

This very fact alone has inevitability made the WTS. put a higher wall up around its followers. 

One thing that has to be accepted is that the WTS knows how to lure in adherent followers and they also know how to keep them under their controlling means.   

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit