Show me the money

by onacruse 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• onacruse
    onacruse

Atlantis and avidbiblereader:

Nothing you've posted answers the question I posted.

So the WTS has a lot of money, and many assets. So what? Does anything you've posted prove that the WTS makes decisions about policy and publications simply and solely because they are trying to maximize their capitalization?

btw, Bruce B. and his wife are doing well. We have talked (face-to-face) at length about the Tacoma Dome scandal, and while I have distinct memories of his responses, I will not speak for him.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Onacruise, I am a real estate agent and I sell quite a few condos, even within many organizations they are REQUIRED by law to give a financial statement yearly to stock holders, share holders, unit owners, and so forth. If the Society, has nothing to hide and remember it is other peoples money that we are talking about. Why don't they give a financial statement as they recieve one from all their investments. Why not show to the flock where all money is. The scriptures says nothing hidden won't be revealed, so just come out with it, or is there a reason that they don't want the flock to see the amount of money being handled or where it is?

abr

• onacruse
    onacruse

abr, I didn't discount the value of information such as been posted above...that took a lot of work, and I'm sure that it will be of considerable use for anyone who is trying to prove what the WTS owns. And as for their unwillingness to openly publish their balance-sheets? That too is an intriguing question.

But it doesn't answer my question.

Perhaps I'm being obtuse?

• Scully
    Scully
    Perhaps I'm being obtuse?

onacruse, I'm glad you said that and not me.

Let's frame it differently: If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.... what is it?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    obtuse

I haven't heard of that word since Shawshank Redemtion, maybe I am not one to answer on this thread but I feel that the Society has been covering up a lot and money is just another one that is a sore subject as the Bible doesn't talk about it with favor and it certainly wasn't the theme of the first century christians and I think the further they get involved in money and all the other stuff they do, it reveals a trust in

In God We Trust rather than Trusting in God!!!

abr

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Back in the early 80's they used to sell publications on the back of the AWAKE, one I can remember is they use to sell a box set of cassettes of their kingdom songs

the price stated was @ $48.00 , well I happened to be in the recording industry and I knew of the price to duplicate a dozen cassettes was no were near $48.00, $5.00 would easily cover the

cost to produce a box set like that and make a little profit on top. All keeping in mind they had the slaves do most or all of the work. So I sat there thinking to myself this is a 800 % mark up

so what is a supposedly non-profiting religion doing this for ? Keep in mind the total circulation of the AWAKE magazine throughout North America and this will give you an idea of many of

those cassette sets were sold and how much money they pulled in from those sales, an astonishing amount. There literally have had milions upon millions of dollars brought in to the WTS.

since its inception. Someone who was working at Bethel a few years ago snuck out an financial statement for the year 1997 and then posted it on a web site, it showed total assets of @ 940

million. Being a businessman myself I thought at first this must be a fake, but then looking a little closer it became apparent it wasn't, everything on it looked professional. and you can be

assured that a financial statement such as that would only be viewed by the people working in the finance department and probably the GB members only, the common Bethelite slaves

of course would not. I wish I had it now so I could post it up for anyone to see, maybe I will come across it again. If you think about the almost 80 yrs.this organization has been in

operation and all those millions of publications sold globablly, all the donations sent in over those years, the investments made, properties bought and sold over the decades all tax free of

course. Just in proof of how much money they have made from real-estate for example, they recently sold one of their Brooklyn buildings for over 200 million, this to add to an already

ballooning group of assets. To make the picture perfectly clear as of to date they are most definitely in the billionaires club as far as global corporations go. One other thing that I should

mention, is now they are going after the faithfull's personal wills and estates, they obviously have noted that a lot of the dedicated slaves are getting elderly, so now they have a pamphlet out

to show how someone could pass on their will to the organization legally. I saw this at my jw father's house who is getting up in age and I was quite shocked in reading it. They certainly didn't

have anything like that when I was a jw some twenty years ago, I'm quite sure.

I was thinking if C.T. Russell was able to return today and see how his little company " Tower Publishing Inc ". had grow from its little roots to this huge internationally expanding

corporation with a billion dollars in assets, boy wouldn't he be shocked and surprised, I know I would ! In any case one could really look at the WTS. in its whole as a perfect example of

free enterprise capitalism as it grew through the years and still is growing today albeit at a slower pace. Headquarter financial statements have always been kept closed to the body of

jws and will remain closed for obvious reasons, discloser may cause damage.

So in answer to your question " show me the money "...........Shush ! .......... you can't see it !

• onacruse
    onacruse

The context of my question was in regards to why the WTS has changed the Watch Tower publication procedure...as if that decision was motivated purely from a financial consideration.

Perhaps if "the obtuse one" elucidates a bit: I never saw anyone at Bethel personally benefiting from "gobs of money" flowing around. Every one of the GB sat there and ate the same food as the rest of us. And, oh yes, I've heard about the Cadillacs, and the perks, and the such and so...Kate and I were talking about it last night (she dared me to start this thread...it's all her fault!!! LOL).

But, as I insinuated right from the get-go, if I was to go to my Mom, or my brother, and say:"Here's the proof that the WTS does things just to make a buck..." I'd still be empty-handed, notwithstanding the voluminous evidence above presented.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

http://www.circuitleasing.com/inventory.html http://www.circuitleasing.com/

2004 Chevrolet Impala
    Mileage:53,000
    Color:Sandstone with tan interior
    Condition:Excellent
    Description:

This car was used at Wallkill and features power windows and locks, power driver’s seat, driver’s side air bag, AM/FM Stereo with cassette, and remote entry. The tires were recently replaced and it has alloy wheels. Car has the upgraded 3.8 liter V-6 engine, so you would expect to get great gas mileage (20 city / 29 highway). 53,000 miles - $11,500.

2004 Buick LeSabre
    Mileage:65,000
    Color:Black with gray interior
    Description:Power windows and locks, cruise, tilt, air conditioning, power driver seat and passenger seat, side airbags, alloy wheels, Michelin tires, AM/FM Stereo with CD and Cassette. $11,995
    2002 Honda Odyssey EX Minivan
    Mileage:86,000
    Color:Silver
    Description:

V6 3.5 Liter VTEC engine, power sliding doors, rear air, power windows and locks, cruise, tilt, CD and Cassette, DVD player, quad leather seating, power driver and power passenger seat, alloy wheels, and more. Priced at $14,500

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS
    Mileage:2,400
    Color:Black with ebony leather interior
    Description:Remote vehicle starter system, 18” chrome wheels, AM/FM Stereo w/ 6-Dsic CD change, MP3 player, XM Satellite radio, OnStar, heated and cooled seats, power tilt-sliding sunroof, V8 4.6 liter engine, StabiliTrak suspension, heated washer fluid, and rear parking assist. Only 2,400 miles, MSRP was $39,035 – priced to sell at $27,995!

Letter from Circuit Leasing http://www.noblood.org/new-members/1976-im-new.html Howdy Decece, I Have A "no Blood" Key Chain And I Too Am One Of Jehovah's Witnesses, And I Got My Key Chain From A Company Called Circuit Leasing, It Is Where The Circuit Overseer's Get There Cars. I Don't Know The Web Site But It Should Be Easy To Find. See Ya Later. Nevada-

• onacruse
    onacruse

However, all that being said, I am absolutely intrigued by all the stuff that is being posted here...Atlantis, et. al., thank you!

Respects,

Craig

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Schooner/Yachts/ owned by the Watchtower: Watchtower-1955-December-15-p.743 By 1955 there were 144 missionaries operating in 38 different political “lands” on islands. For several years the schooner Sibia was a floating missionary home with a crew of Gilead graduates calling from island to island to give lectures, witness to all the natives and hold Bible studies with them. ***************************************************************************** Watchtower-1955-December-15-p.743 That vessel has now been replaced by the larger ship Light. Much isolated interest has thus been gathered for permanent missionary activity by later ministers, whom the Society will send into the territory. ****************************************************************************** Watchtower-1958-December-1-p.718 Finally, on November 16, 1948, four of us on board the Society’s twenty-ton auxiliary schooner-yacht took departure from New York city for Nassau, Bahamas. ****************************************************************************** Watchtower-1961-September-15-p.572 Came 1929 and the need for endurance in a new field. The Society sent me to Newfoundland in charge of the schooner “Morton.” Proclaimers p.439 In 1929, F. J. Franske was put in charge of the Watch Tower Society’s schooner Mortonand was assigned, along with Jimmy James, to reach people in Labrador and all the outports of Newfoundland. ***************************************************************************** 1976 Yearbook So, before long, a new Kingdom boat called “Hope” was put to work in spreading the good news. ******************************************************************************* Watchtower-1977-September-1-p.533 During the next few years a number of pioneer Witnesses from Australia and elsewhere, including an intrepid group using the Society’s mission yacht the “Lightbearer” as their base, spread the Bible’s message. ***************************************************************************** Nevada-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit