Hi - I'm new here too

by dazednotconfused 23 Replies latest jw friends

• dazednotconfused
    dazednotconfused

Well - here I am. 30 of my 40 some years on this mortal coil have been spent as a Witness. Once I was old enough to realize the meetings were not a place to play and run around I understood the gravity of my situation. "Just love Jehovah and do his will" I was told. Sure, no problemo...

I will never forget elementary school, up to bat at recess, with everbody yelling "Joho, Joho, Joho". This was to be expected of course. I would stand out because I was different. Persecution was good, it showed that I was doing the right thing. After all, Jesus and his followers expect this. So should I.

Leap forward a few decades - divorced from a lovely sister who quit the truth to sow her wild oats - she claims it was because I didn't feel like attending meetings anymore.

So whats my point or reason for posting here? I need a kick start to get a new life. All my "friends" have abondoned me now. The only reason I am not disfellowshipped is because I keep one step ahead of the elders. My immediate family is very upset with me, for I will die at Armageddon which in case you haven't heard is just around the corner - maybe tomorrow in fact.

Help me.

• pierogi
    pierogi

Hi! Welcome, I'm pretty new here myself. Go BC!

• done4good
    done4good

On the surface, your story is similar to many here. Welcome!

If I could give one phrase of advice, that would be "Be patient".

It takes time dealing with the "Dazed" feeling of coming out of the WTS.

I like the semi Led Zep handle, though.

j

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to the JWD forum, DNC! You'll find plenty of help here from caring and concerned people who've been or presently walk in your "shoes."

We have a poster on board. Lady Lee, who's done a tremendous amount of research on recovery information for those exiting the WTS. You'll find 3 pages of threads that you can browse at your leisure if you'll go to the "Jump to:" window above and click on the dropdown arrow. The "Best of....." category is the third one down. Click on it and it will "take you" to the 3 pages containing the info on recovery which I'm sure you'll find is very helpful. Not all of the threads deal with recovery. Some recount the experiences of various longtime posters on this forum. I'm sure you'll find them to be helpful and of interest, too.

Again, DNC.....welcome to the forum!

Frannie

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Leap forward a few decades - divorced from a lovely sister who quit the truth to sow her wild oats - she claims it was because I didn't feel like attending meetings anymore

I hear ya DnC, seems to be pretty common these days!

Welcome!!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Welcome to the forum dazednotconfused. I wouldn't worry too much about the whole armageddon thing. If they have the truth the universe has a lot more problems then whether you and I are pleasing their anal-retentive god.

On the other hand, I heard it from a sister who heard it from her next door neighbor who while isn't a witness, plays bridge on non-meeting nights with some friends who are witnesses, although not that strong, who were at a convention just last week where one of the governing body members gave a note to the brother who gave the keynote address regarding the possible date of armageddon and it's not going to come until after they get the new publication rules for the watchtower in play.

• pierogi
    pierogi

So you are not DFed or DAed yourself, you just stopped going to meetings? My parents DAed their selves, I learned certain things and stopped going to meetings for about a year now.

Does your family still talk to you? Even though I am technically still a JW because I haven't DAed myself, no one from the kingdom hall talks to me either. You will like it here I think.

There are a lot of people here and they are supportive, funny, and just friendly!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

On the other hand, I heard it from a sister who heard it from her next door neighbor who while isn't a witness, plays bridge on non-meeting nights with some friends who are witnesses, although not that strong, who were at a convention just last week where one of the governing body members gave a note to the brother who gave the keynote address regarding the possible date of armageddon and it's not going to come until after they get the new publication rules for the watchtower in play.

Abandoned, what I'm getting from this is that since the WTS can't actually force Harm-a-gettin' to come by predicting it's just around the corner for a century and since, also their numbers and money levels are in decline, they've decided to play a "trumpet" card by changing the publication rules re: the watchtower and and use a "let's pretend Harm-a-gettin' is really coming now" new date in order to light a fire under their remaining minions and declining statistics. Izzat right?

Frannie

• dazednotconfused
    dazednotconfused

Yeah - my family still "talks" to me but they are giving up on me and we are drawing farther away from each other. It hurts but I can't fake it anymore.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Welcome to the boards, DnC! This really is a great place to recover your self, your dignity, your identity. I'm pretty new myself, thought it'll be a year this coming Memorial since I set foot in a Kingdom Hall. This community is very supportive. They've seen it all, experienced it all and there is always someone who understands what you're going through. I know what you mean about the family - my mom just wrote me a letter bewailing how "short the time is." Like that's something we haven't all heard over and over and over again. Still waiting.... Anyhow, welcome and check it all out, if you're like me, you'll be spending HOURS here, lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit