My little brother

by PaulJ 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RAF
    RAF

Well I hope any little seed you plant will grow enough for him to open his mind ... best wishes !!!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

You may want to shake the brainwashing right out of his head, but keep in mind a few years ago he wanted most likely wanted to try to "save" you as well. Each of you is looking out for each other in your own way.

He's your brother and whatever the change in attitude is, you have a chance to associate with him again. If he's willing to accept that you're not a JW anymore, you might just have to accept that he is one.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

just so you know, he's 18.

Pope of Eruke- I like that, nice and simple. That makes a lot of sense. It was just difficult the first time to bite my tongue....

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    So, theres not been any contact between me and them (youngest bro and Dad) for around 2 years. So this little development I plan to take slowly...

I don't blame you, that's probably the best thing. Well I would say it says something that after all this time you hear from him, you never know. I wish you the best!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

That's great news PaulJ.

I don't know that I'd even be in such a big hurry to anti-witness to him. He's only 18, which IMO is still a pretty tender age, I don't know how many raised-in-it JW's are ready to really think critically about the religion when they're 18.

My sister and bro-in-law sorta "won me without a word" by just being my good friends when I was a JW, better than any I had at the KH. Not that they were even trying to get me out, they didn't care either way, we didn't talk about religious stuff and that was just fine with me.

For me the greatest source of cog diss when I was a dub was the fact that between work and my family there were a lot of non-JW people in my life that I truly liked. So if he really likes you and looks up to you then that is enough pull I think. Rome wasn't built in a day, easy does it, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit