Today Is My Point of No Return - Or Is It?

by TheMan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Your true freinds will be your freinds through thick and thin. Those that gave you gifts whom are your true freinds will remain such when ever you decide to leave. The others are just aquaintences who gave you a baby gift and a card will do fine.

Are you projecting the feelings of betrayal you would feel if the rolls were reversed? This should not be of concern, because if they feel this way their gifts were for the wrong reasons. Gifts out of presure and not from a good heart. As in "It is better to give than to receive."

Also your leaving may cause others to consider their staying in the faulty jw belief system. Because if the jws were the way to salvation, would you be leaving? I think not!

My best wishes to you which ever way you decide to leave.

UWUF

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome and congratulations! A new baby, a new life. I think you should continue to fade-use the excuses if you need to, but you don't owe them anything because of the baby showers. It is their bad manners and horrid theology that will destroy the relationships-NOT YOU. DON'T guilt out about it-they do it to themselves. You would not turn from them in the grocery store-that is what they will do to you. So who is rejecting whom? If they want to prove how conditional their love it, that is THEIR issue, not yours.

I would be careful on the depression thing. If there are any vindictive busybodies (and there usually are) one might call Child Protect. Svcs. out of 'concern.' Beware of the depression card. Might bite you in the hiney.

Good luck! I think your parents will ultimately be your biggest concern. Do you have any insight into how that will play into your decision?

Shelly

• TheMan
    TheMan

Thanks to all for your encouraging words and suggestions. It was good to hear from people in my court for change. I see just how minute and trivial it is to worry so much about how others think, especially in this org. My wife and I have decided that it would be best for us to just stop altogether. I think that, for us, it'll be much more painful if we dragged this out too much longer. Wish us luck! I'll be back with updates. I'm sure there'll be some interesting stories along the way.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    My wife and I have decided that it would be best for us to just stop altogether. I think that, for us, it'll be much more painful if we dragged this out too much longer. Wish us luck!

You are both wise. Follow your innate wisdom, and never forget the blessing of having each-other.

Good luck!

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit