The End of History, Not Armageddon

by metatron 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Metatron

A very interesting thought. His prediction coming true wouldn't surprise me too much. There could still be a few more ripples first. Christians have been moaning about armageddon for 2000 years. Despite some terrible wars, it never came. There have been much worse generations than ours. The 14th century saw europe's population cut in half by means of everything that mt24 speaks about. There have been many worse generations than our own, especially for the poor people. As a poor person, i enjoy many freedoms.

There is some evidence that civilisation has peeked and crashed before, even perhaps millions of years ago. A human skeleton was found in an undisturbed coal bed. See forbidden archeology. Ancient hindu writings contain accounts of aerial battles and atomic warfare. Large areas of desert fused to glass. Radioactive sleletons found during excavation of ruins of mohenjo daro in northern india.

My theory is that the stresses in the world today are mainly the result the natures of the various cultures. Maybe different types of cultures are needed, to achieve an overall balance. It isn't impossible for these nations to learn to accomodate each other. Not too long ago, voltaire bragged that in england people of different religions were able to be employed side by side and carry on trade with each other. This was a new developement for europe. Today we take it for granted that people of different religions or races are able to work in the same areas. Why would it be impossible for nations to eventually accept the differences of other nations?

S

• comment
    comment

My point is simply that what happens in North America and Western Europe does not constitute the "order of the day" for the entire world, either in terms of a social security net or the benefits advances in medicine.

As for an "organized coherent opposition to the dominance of Western culture," it's already emerging within our own status quo. What happened in Seattle in 1999 and related opposition to the policies of the WTO, the IMF and the like is not going to vanish overnight. There will continue to be people in Western society who see the injustice of us sipping Starbucks and wearing Nikes at the expense of the Third World--and, less altruistically, others who see that if we want to maintain at least our core creature comforts in the future, we would do better not to keep on rubbing those comforts in the face of the rest of the world and thereby spawning religiously or politically motivated destructive radical movements.

Personally, I don't expect multinational corporations to wake up to that reality very quickly. (Why change anything when profits are being made, after all?) Which increases the likelihood of a new French or Russian Revolution taking place somewhere.

(But not Armageddon.)

comment

• Teirce
    Teirce

Yes, comment, 9/11 was very much a 'let them eat cake' and 'storming of the Bastille' sequence.

SaintSatan, "There is some evidence that civilisation has peeked and crashed before, even perhaps millions of years ago. A human skeleton was found in an undisturbed coal bed. See forbidden archeology. Ancient hindu writings contain accounts of aerial battles and atomic warfare. Large areas of desert fused to glass. Radioactive sleletons found during excavation of ruins of mohenjo daro in northern india." - Dude, sounds cool. Any hints or extra info on these rumors? The Tunguska meteorite released radiation that affected many lifeforms, including humans.

http://www.spartechsoftware.com/dimensions/earth/Tunguska.htm
    http://www.tmeg.com/artifacts/tunguska/tunguska.htm

• Satanus
    Satanus

teirce

The skeleton in the coal, as well as eoliths dated to before tools were supposed to have been used, see forbidden archeology by cremo and thompson.

Square miles of fused glass and radioactve mohenjo daro, there at least two articles in nexus mags. Here is the url to one: http://www.nexusmagazine.com/ancatomicwar1.html

Ancient atomics:
    http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/edu/g-bank/articles/anctcity.html

The actual sanskrit hindu document is the mahabarata. It's really big.

If you want more, tell me.

S

• comment
    comment

teirce,

My comments were not about 9/11. I presume you were being sarcastic.

In that instance, you're dealing with religious fanatics, not revolutionaries in search of social change.

To take that one step further, though, it's to everyone's benefit to avoid fostering social conditions in which religious fanaticism can thrive, anywhere in the world. Such as intense poverty.

comment

• Satanus
    Satanus

teirce

thanks for those refs. very ineresting. many points i hadn't read elsewhere. one possibility they did not mention was of nicola tesla experimenting with his toys. he did some quite deadly experiments, and one source, i don't have it handy, suggested that he may have been responsible for tunguska. i'm just adding this to the list of other good possibilities.

S

• metatron
    metatron

Alas, for the portion of humanity left behind technologically
    things get very bleak, indeed. Notice that Africa doesn't
    even get a mention in many serious or fictional extrapolations
    into the future. I admit this is the downside to the
    peaceful, technically advanced world order. Entire nations
    will kill themselves off with disease and internal war.
    The Afghans have largely depopulated their own country with
    war. I'm starting to wonder if places like Thailand may do
    the same with AIDS.

I contribute to CARE and Amnesty Int'l but not with a lot
    of hope for these people.

metatron

• Teirce
    Teirce

Sorry comment, I thought you were referencing 9/11. The US definately has had an Antionette attitude towards the Middle East, and there is a definate revenge against class in the WTC attack. I agree that your refutation on fanaticism is stronger.

SaintSatan, good links. That stuff Does ring some bells. I'll be borrowing "Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock from a friend. Looks to be a riot of provocative unorthodoxy. hehe

• patio34
    patio34

Metatron,

What an optimistic viewpoint! Thanks for posting it. I'll try to get that book from the library.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit