Been invited to the Memorial yet?

by KW13 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

No, last year my mother in law phoned to tell me that the memorial was that evening! Gave me two hours notice. If they really wanted me there they would have let me know in advance. I think she was trying to ease her on conscience.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What is it about the Memorial that always puts me in the mood for Wheat Thins and Grape Juice?

• Zico
    Zico
    I guess I better start thinking of an excuse, I don't think I'm ready to just say NO.

Hi free2think, The only excuse good enough for them to miss the Memorial will be if you're practically dying. Usually I would say if you can come up with an excuse to miss any meeting or assembly that is a good thing, but the Memorial is the big one, missing that will be a huge deal to them. For a fader, I think it might be easier to just go to this one. At the very least, it's quite short.

• greendawn
    greendawn

No they wouldn't because they know there is an unbridgable gap between us, I don't like their so called memorial because it confirms the exclusion of most dubs from the New Covenent. In addition the early Christians had a memorial (eucharist) every Sunday, 52 times per year not once a year.

• Rooster
    Rooster

By going to the memorial you are just adding fuel to their fire. They love to gloat over the memorial attendance.

Yet every aspect of that ritual is the exact opposite of what Christ asked to be done in his remembrance.

If you drink the wine or eat the bread as Christ commanded Jehovah will get mad and kill you.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

No, not for around 6 years, and I doubt I'll get an invite
    this year either, not that I'd go.

The dubs love to play the numbers game re attendances
    anyway,and the memorial gives them a bigger single
    audience than any other event. I have no intention of
    aiding their statistics ever again.

dedpoet

• JH
    JH

It,s way too early for them to come over and invite me. They usually do that 1 or 2 days before. But they don't invite me every year.

Sometimes they just leave a slip of paper on my door or in my mailbox.

• free2think
    free2think

You're right Zico, I was thinking that myself. Oh well I guess I'll just have to miss all the meetings leading up to it instead.

• jakes
    jakes

No! And I dont expect to be invited.I do not intend boosting their numbers anymore.

jakes

• Undecided
    Undecided

I went to the memorial for years after I left the JWs, then one evening I was driving by the KH on memorial night and had forgotten about going. I haven't been back since. I discovered a tape awhile back that I had recorded of myself giving the memorial talk. I didn't seem to have any emotion at all, I just gave the facts as I believed them then, it was kind of strange to hear myself give that talk, it was like I was in a different world then.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit