High school anti-cult lessons

by IT Support 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

The problem I have with many anti-cult programmes is that they seem to be anti-pagan too. The reachout trust is very very proChristian, and even the icsa link you showed connects the occult with cults. Depending on the diversity/religious discrimination laws in your area you may have problems getting this aproved.

I've given talks about cults that were very well received at pagan camps based mainly on how influence works and how it can abused by cults, con men, etc, so people can protect themselves from it.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Gadget,

The problem I have with many anti-cult programmes is that they seem to be anti-pagan too.

Interesting, I hadn't realised. But then I'll happily acknowledge not being a cult 'expert.' My involvement in this project is through a chance 'anti-witnessing' conversation with a lady who turned out to work for an education authority and was interested in my experiences.

The reachout trust is very very proChristian,

I did notice that!

and even the icsa link you showed connects the occult with cults.

That hadn't registered. Do you feel the page I referred to is flawed? I will not be quoting the page verbatim, but using ideas from it (with suitable acknowledgement, of course).

Depending on the diversity/religious discrimination laws in your area you may have problems getting this aproved.

As I mentioned initially, I'm not planning on attacking any individual groups, but simply giving the kids some idea of the way that cults in general operate, how to identify them and how to protect themselves from them.

I've given talks about cults that were very well received at pagan camps based mainly on how influence works and how it can abused by cults, con men, etc, so people can protect themselves from it.

If you didn't mind letting me borrow your notes, I'll pm you my email address.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit