I GOT TWO NEW RETURN VISITS TODAY!!

by Ranchette 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Hello everyone,
    I do have two new return visits but they are not from field service.
    My women’s club went to a local nursing home today. We brought the elderly gifts, we sang songs with them, and we brought our pets, and listened to them. They were so happy to see us and share some of their life’s experiences with us.
    It was different to go to a nursing home with no ulterior motives like pushing JW literature.
    It felt right to just give them what they wanted most. Our company and time. I made arrangements to come back and see two of the women that I spent the most time with.
    It was nice to do a good deed with no strings attached and completely free of religion.
    I hope people do things like this for us when we get old.
    Try something like this some day. It will make you and them very happy!You can have return visits too.
    Ranchette

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You're a sweetheart!

• radar
    radar

Ranchette

Have you sent your mom that letter yet?

Radar

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Radar,
    Yes,it went out monday.She lives in the next state over from me and it usually takes four days to get there.
    I think they still use the Pony Express down here!
    I also sent a version of it out to just about every witness I know. I know the ones in town have there's already.I'm waiting for somthing to happen.
    I'll keep yall informed.
    Ranchette

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I started this thread because I wanted to share my nice experience with yall, but I did it also for another reason.
    I was taught all my life that JWs were the only people on this earth that have true love among themselves and for others.
    Since I’ve been out, I'm repeatedly hit in the face with just how untrue that teaching was and really how shallow WT love is. This world is nothing like I was taught.
    With the recent WTC tragedy we all have seen the worst and the best of what the world of man has to offer.
    I am sad that this has happened and we have more to face yet but after what I’ve seen and experienced, I have to say I’m proud to be a part of this world. I believe Goodness will always out way evil.
    Ranchette

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Ranchette, What a wonderful way to minister to those in need. You gave of yourself. Your a sweetheart.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Ranchette, you showed what real love is. I remember asking my mom if she didn't have hope of eternal life, would she be doing her so-called "good deeds". I got that blank, dumb look. Real loving kindness goes out with no strings attached, and no reward expected in return.

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• zev
    zev

as a person whose mother in law is in one of those homes....

i can appreciate how much she appreciates a visit or a call. i call my m-i-l every week. she really appreciates it. alot. almost has me in tears sometimes.

so....good job. i enjoy just stopping in to say hello without j.w. motives, just to say hi and make her feel good.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• Music Mouth
    Music Mouth

Hello In There
    © John Prine

Chorus:
    Ya know that old trees just grow stronger,
    And old rivers grow wilder ev'ry day.
    Old people just grow lonesome
    Waiting for someone to say, "Hello in there, hello."

So if you're walking down the street sometime
    And spot some hollow ancient eyes,
    Please don't just pass 'em by and stare
    As if you didn't care,
    say, "Hello in there, hello."

• Escargot
    Escargot

Now, now, the correct term is "Back Call," not RVs. Heheeee

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit