Let The Person Discover The True Watchtower Or Tell Them About It?

by The wanderer 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Let The Person Discover The True Watchtower Or Tell Them About It?

My best friend recently “discovered” the truth about the Watchtower after having
    loaned him my copy of Crisis of Conscience. We fought excessively about the
    organization, in particular the last 22 months.

What Would You Do?

Now he has a thirst and a hunger to know all the dirty details about the Watchtower
    Society, however, I am hesitant to tell him everything preferring that he discover it on
    his own because he could be considered an apologist.

What would you do if you were in this position?

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• Zico
    Zico

I think it's great that you helped your friend escape. Why not just direct him to the books and sites where he can find information on his own, rather than just tell him what they say? Have you told him about this place, for example?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I tried it one time, and will never do it again! My sis in law ran from me like she was in fear, screaming when I told her about the UN.

Nope, I say let them figure it out lol

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wanderer..You have had the patience of Job,in dealing with your friend.He has driven you crazy at times..LOL!!..You have finally gotten through to him..He wants to know..Don`t let all that time,patience and hard work go to waste...OUTLAW

• done4good
    done4good

Wanderer,

You are in a better position than I am. I recently lent a friend CoC, but despite his willingness to listen to me, he won't quite take the steps to discover the truth for himself. He's almost afriad to read the book. I would say, if your friend is willing to read, you have one up on most of us. No need to force feed him anything. Let him ask the questions. He will on his own, in all likelihood.

It couldn't hurt to direct him here, though.

j

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings The Wanderer,

You've got "the ball rolling". I'd tell him to sign on here. This is the best place I've found for any "dirt" (the truth really) on Watchtower

Dismembered

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Firstly, well done for showing your friend the truth about the wts,
    you have done him a big favour.

As for what to do next, personally I would direct him to this forum,
    I'm sure he will enjoy it here, and there is plenty to read in the
    Best of section for an exiting jw.

I would also give him a few other links, such as freeminds, and
    encourage him to do his own research in his own time.

dedpoet

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear friends:

I think I will take it one step at a time.
    He already knows about this site so that
    is one big step.

Being the "guidance counselor" is the
    position that I will take and let him
    self discover on his own.

Thank you,

The Wanderer

• whyizit
    whyizit

If your friend was willing to read CoC, have him look up the web site or get the book called Captives Of A Concept by Don Cameron. That may be the icing on the cake for him.

It pin points the fact that although JWs do a lot of research and seem to know about the histories of every one else's religions, they don't know much at all about their own. Those facts might help to build the bridge he needs to freedom.

Let us know how it goes!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember when I was a witness back in the 70's . From being a witness, I think I had an attitude that I knew everything and I could tell everyone how they should think and what was best for them. Today, I am just an observer. I think being an observer is less stressfull. The world still goes on without me trying to direct it. I still have the problem of trying to tell people what to think and believe when it comes to the idiot from Texas in the White house. But he's a bigger bamboozler then the watertower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit