Most recent Bethelites.

by ThomasCovenant 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello jwfacts,

I've enjoyed reading your posts for some time now. I wonder, were there as many miserable, cold, and arrogant "brothers" in your bethel as there were in Brooklyn?

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Nvrgnbk,

WELCOME to the forum!!! We are thrilled to have you here!! I too lurked for about a year before I felt safe enough to come out. We look forward to maybe one day hearing your story when you are ready to share it.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

I "served" at Brooklyn Bethel in '98 and '99. Going to Bethel was the beginning of the end for me. The first year at Bethel you are expected to read the entire Bible cover to cover. Well I did that, but I went one step further. I started reading from some of the older publications that I had never seen before. (Stuff you could only find in Bethel libraries.) Well it didn't take long for me to start seeing that there was a whole lot that the Society had been wrong about in the past. It took another 5 years before I left the borg, but if it weren't for what I was exposed to while at Bethel I might still be in today. Thank God for Bethel. zugz

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Amen, Brother Zugzwang. Amen!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks.

Aussie Bethel had a lot of nice people, but was filled with many arrogant ones as well. It really made me question why God would favour witnesses over worldly people at Armageddon. While I a Bethelite I travelled and stayed as a guest at several Branches throughout South Pacific and America and by far the worst atmosphere was at Argentina and at Australia. Interestingly, those two branches have the highest turnover, both with an average stay of only about 2 years.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've been out of Bethel about 2 1/2 years.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I was abducted by the Borg to serve in WKL from 96-99

I got transfered to Borg HQ from 99-05.

"assimilation was futile" beotch

• JH
    JH

Welcome to the board nvrgnbk

Oh my, you already have 10,000 posts....

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Good catch rat! NVRs first post. Imagine if he posted as soon as he found this place??? DAMN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit