My Bethel Experience Part 18

by new boy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

This is the fun one........

Health, Dismemberment, Death (natural and unnatural) murder and suicide.

u sure know how to whip up anticipation - wonder where you learnt that!

Why do they keep the bodies - that is sinister! The more i read the more I think what a soulless uncharitable place - reminds me a bit of the Magdalene Sisters laundrys in Ireland!

• VM44
    VM44

Why would they want to keep a person's body? To try to had the evidence? Evidence of what?

BTW, I understand that for years the Society had a Staten Island cemetery and that everyone in it was buried in unmarked graves! (memorial markers are too expensive I suppose).

Rutherford is also buried there. The sad thing is that there was a fire that destroyed all the cemetery records showing who is buried where, and with no markers on the grounds it is impossible to know where any one person is located!

I believe that this Bethel cemetery was called "The Launching Pad" by the Bethelites, as so many of the anointed were buried there. ("Next Stop, Heaven!")

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

" I have a letter here, from Doctor Dixion, and he says "that ear muffs are NOT good to use, because they could cause ear infections!".

Did "Doctor" Dixon know that for sure? Or did he just make it up?

When did "New Light" allow for ear protection against the factory noise?

--VM44

• shadow
    shadow

Enjoying your stories, but a little confused on one point. I think you said you were there from 70-74 but also said you were there when Margaret burned down??

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Good writing new boy, you certainly had some experiences, ones which I'm glad I didn't have!

Why do they keep the bodies - that is sinister!

They send them to a taxidermist, have them stuffed and place them in kingdom halls to keep the attendances up, of course.

• free2think
    free2think

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences New Boy. I'm just sitting here in shock trying to take it all in.

free2think

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

DON'T STOP NOW! Sad about the stabbing and the fall down the elevator shaft. To think that I used believe that Bethel was the most holy.

Blueblades

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

That's creepy. Do you think that the reason for signing over your body, might be in order to sell organs? The society is all about making money, so rather than have to pay for a burial plot or funeral, they could just as easily sell off the body or individual organs to a medical facility. The facility would then use what they needed and could easily cremate whats left and if there is any family, simply mail the ashes back to the family. Zero cost to the society and the dead is taken care of...plus there might be a bit of money to be made in the interim.

My only other thought would be that they wouldn't want any sort of inquiry into deaths at Bethel. If the kid with appendicitis died for example and an outside facility found the society responsible for not getting adequate help, or using uncertified doctors, they could be sued and possibly shut down. Control over a body means no outside interference. Does anyone know if any other 'religious' organization uses this sort of legal documentation and what would happen if you refused to sign it? sammieswife.

PS..too bad we didn't have a copy of the document.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    when you go to Bethel, you sign a document stating that if you die while you are at Bethel, the society has "the right" to keep your body.....

its so nobody can take your body and start worshipping it...you know like what happened with moses and enoch and elijah and so on...

or something

• lilybird
    lilybird

There was a young brother from our congregation in the early 1970's who went to bethel. He left before his 4 years were up. He said he had issues with his time there , he had been disillusioned with bethel and there was were things he didn't like about bethel. He would never elaborate about it but has remained a loyal dub. The jwgirl he married when he was out of bethel left him after 20 years of marriage. Not sure why.. but they are still both loyal dubs even though they are divorced.I am enjoying reading your experiences.I think I now know the reasons he was dissillusioned and wanted out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit