The Sunday Thread!

by Crumpet 25 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

What 2 words makes a Sunday like Crumpet described even worse?

Street Witnessing.

Just put on the Kingdom Smile and pretend it sounds like a great idea!

• bernadette
    bernadette

My Sunday stress was all about my goal of finding 2 answers for the watchtower discussion. I'd work out an answer and then find it didn't fit in with the paragraph or it didn't answer the question or the para/? did not make sense. I'd get into such a stew of self doubt that I'd often look up the dictionery or thesaurus to put an underlined answer (the only one that fitted) into 'my own words'. Whew.

Now I just chill

• juni
    juni

Wake up early, take a shower and get dressed up - heels and stockings yishhhhhhh.

Sit through most of the time a re run public talk and then a BORING WT study. Answer a few times. Then visit w/everyone and then go home tired out. Rest of the day was just hangin out tired. Sometimes would go out in d to d when pioneering if I was low on hours.

Now it's a relaxing day.

Juni

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Juni - I think you have a special moment coming up (4000)!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I hated all the meetings, they were all boring. I hated the watchtower because it was a family law that we had to comment on at least 3 questions (we had to prepare the night before and my elder dad had to approve of the comment), if we didn't we could not go to the movies or skating or use the telephone for 1 week!!! Needless to say I spent a lot of time alone.

We didn't go d2d on Sunday but we spent most of Saturday being humiliated ( and Tim I'm with you on the classmates, so embarrassed)

Now I sleep late, cook dinner and enjoy a day of rest!!

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Then: Sleep as late as you could, harangue kid into getting dressed while you struggle into meeting clothes, try and find magazine, bible and songbook and search futilely for something acceptable to keep six year old with ADHD busy during mindnumbing meeting. Arrive and make tedious "happy shiny" smalltalk with the other drones, grab child as he races by causing dirty looks from old biddies, sit in uncomfortable seats listening to some old blowhard for 45 mins and then through another 45 mins of the craptower, checking watch repeatedly sure you're stuck in some temporal loop while your child goes nuts. Escape, errr, leave the hall as quickly as you can to go home and get out of clothes and turn child loose. Now: Sleep late. Get up and wander around in comfy chenille bathrobe sipping coffee and feeling rested. Read newspaper and visit with small person, also in comfy pjs. Load up schoolbooks and laptop and head to the coffeehouse to do schoolwork and sip coffee. Oh yeah, MUCH better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit