Oops. She did it again.....

by kid-A 20 Replies latest social current

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thats a good point sammieswife. My point was that she had two other peers that had very similar rises to fame under very similar circumstances. Christina Aguilera was accused of being a Brittney wannabe when she followed suit with that one video where shes rolling around like a half naked mudwrestler. She persisted and as shown at the Grammy's is taken as a serious artist these days. Christina Aguilera didn't self destruct, even when she was being ridiculed. Brittneys downfall may just be immaturity and making bad decisions. Marketing a good looking 19 year old is not automatically sexploitation.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I agree - it's not automatically sexploitation and at 19, I was certainly a little more aware than I was at 16. The world of entertainment is all about making money. That's what managers do - you won't have that gig if it doesn't pay. Any good PR and marketing person will sit back and decide what will sell to the public and they will use whatever they have to in order to secure their own $$ and position in the industry. I don't for one moment believe that people exist in the industry - I believe numbers exist.

I recall watching a bio on her a few years back and footage of her when she was 7 or so. The family had the car possessed, had no money, gone bankrupt, but they got her to the next contest where she won enough money to tide them over till the next job. The pressure of feeling like you have to support your family while still a kid, and feeling like your worth is tied up in how you look and the money you bring in, has to screw you up somehow, at some point, especially if you are fighting self esteem issues.

I recall watching the same sort of bio on Christina and the differences in their upbringing were noticeable. Her mother seemed to have a common sense and a likability about her. She seemed somehow solid and strong and perhaps that's one of the reasons that Christina turned out okay in the end. She went through her rebel period and came through it all in one piece so perhaps she didn't feel like she had to run so fast to fill the hole in her life. I just look at all these celebrities and wonder. Too much, too fast. The latest to collapse appears to be one of the Olsen twins again - it's just too sad that these are role models for most of our young girls. sammieswife.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Get ready to see 1.3 million teenage girls shave their heads in solidarity with Britney. Should be fun to see.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Well, she really doesn't look that bad without hair...could put a dent in shares of Johnson and Johnson sammieswife.

• restrangled
    restrangled

sammieswife...I'm with you. Child performers have a tough transition. How are you going to take someones career from bobbie socks and pigtails to the appropriately aged pop star sex symbol. Very few make that transition. Did they start too early? 16 year old boys would say no, but as adults it is very difficult to see younger women looking 5-10 years older than they should at that age. It doesn't feel right. It can't help that her former rival is shining and her life is spinning out of control. We both certainly agree that noone in her management and circle of support has stepped in to try to stop this trainwreck.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Personally, I kinda liked the pantyless Brittney. Jury's still out on bald Brittney.

• avishai
    avishai

Bald is'nt always bad....

alt

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

couldn't agree more avishai.....sammieswife

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I read about it this morning at PerezHilton.com. After I got over the initial shock that she shaved her head I thought it actually looks kind of good on her- I was mainly just surprised because like everyone else I didn't expect it. you know not just any girl can pull off a shaved head. And I can't help but feel bad for her, her parents did nothing but pimp her out since she was little, teaching her to sell herself, it's no wonder she is having such a hard time.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bald is beautiful

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit