Oops. She did it again.....

by kid-A 20 Replies latest social current

• kid-A
    kid-A

I'm speechless. Apparently Britney has had a complete meltdown: shaved her head bald and getting tattooed. I fear we are headed for another Anna Nicole Smith situation....

Somebody get those babies away from her before she eats them!

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Britney Spears appeared in a tattoo parlor in the San Fernando Valley with her head shaved completely bald. Video on KABC-TV showed the newly shorn Spears with tiny tattoos on the back of her neck as she sits Friday night for a new tattoo -- a pair of red and pink lips. "She just wanted something real small on her wrist, something dainty," Max Gott, the tattoo artist at Body and Soul in Sherman Oaks, told the TV station. "She got some cute little lips on her wrist." Derrik Snell, who works at the tattoo parlor, said Spears showed up without notice and stayed for about 90 minutes as about 60 fans, photographers and gawkers gathered outside. "She seemed fine," Snell said. "I didn't really notice [the hairdo] at first, she had a hood on when she showed up." The appearance came the same day as reports on TV and Web sites that Spears, who has drawn criticism for her recent partying and sloppy behavior, had briefly checked into rehab. ( Watch as Us Magazine's Bradley Jacobs reveals what Britney said before the shave Video )

Larry Rudolph, Spears' manager, couldn't be reached for comment.Syndicated entertainment TV show "Extra" first reported that Spears had entered a treatment facility. Celebrity Web site TMZ.com then said the singer had entered a treatment center but had checked out one day later. Neither revealed their sources.People magazine's Web site, citing "a source," said Spears had gone in and out of rehab, and identified the facility as Eric Clapton's Crossroads center in Antigua, in the Caribbean. "Access Hollywood" then said the reports weren't true, but didn't cite a source. A woman who answered the phone at Crossroads told The Associated Press that she couldn't confirm or deny anyone's presence at the facility. Angelique Uram, a Spears fan who stood on the tattoo parlor's sidewalk for Friday night's spectacle, was aghast at the singer's new look. "We could see her in the mirror, and her head is completely shaved," she told KABC. "It looks terrible."

Police arrived to control the crowd and helped Spears' bodyguards guide her into a waiting SUV, her head covered by a hooded sweatshirt.

From This:

To THIS:

• BrentR
    BrentR

You can take the girl out of the trailer park but it's hard to get the trailer park out of the girl.

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

I may be in the minority here...but I just keep pulling for her, hoping she'll get her stuff straight. It seems like there is something terrible in the media about her every week. I think I may have to give up on her.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

You know what, though...she's probably SICK to DEATH of having to keep up an image that meets everybody's expectations. She's never had a life that is truly her 'own' and is still in a developmentally natural age time-frame to explore all these self-discovery/ rebellion options, just like any young-twenties kid.

I would think people on this board, especially--coming out of [and rebellin off of!] the lifelong BORG expectations--would understand her need to go through this time too...and to decide that what everyone ELSE wants from her is not paramount to what she needs or who she is.

Let her rebel. Let her grow up. Let her find her own middle ground in her own time. She's never had that chance up to now.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Britney...Damn u were fine!!!!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I saw this clip on the news earlier on in the day. Seems she just walked in and took the blades to her own scalp. I would say that she's right on the verge of doing herself some serious damage...the kids appear to be well taken care of by nanny's but unless the people around her, get her some help, I think she'll be another case of a celebrity OD.

As with Anna Nicole Smith, people will stand around and make money off her but not do a thing to help her. There were apparently 60 people around snapping pictures of her doing this stuff, just like the people snapping pictures of her in her latest party craze in NY, yet its only about the money. Where's the freakin humanity gone? Everyone will sell their soul and their brother for a buck. sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    I may be in the minority here...but I just keep pulling for her, hoping she'll get her stuff straight

I do to. She's been in the public eye and put in the spotlight since she was a little kid. She's been the support for her family during times when they had no money, according to an entertainment special I saw a while back. She was twisted and pushed into becoming a sex symbol by the time she was 16 and for every mother that bought her kid the videos, the clothes, the cd's that she put out then, we all contributed to what she is today. I see a kid who's been desperately lonely and grasping at someone for some sort of love - and making poor choices because of that. Grown men salivating over a teenage body as if she were a grown woman. Its sad. She isn't someone I'm particularly fond of as far as an entertainer and I don't think she's a great singer. I think she was marketed into something that sells - sex. Just my thoughts...sammieswife.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I agree. It seems like she is desparately seeking....something. Attention? Love? Just to be left alone?

She deserves our compassion not condemnation.

• restrangled
    restrangled
    I think she was marketed into something that sells - sex

She became popular as a dancer/singer from a Disney background as did Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguleira. All three of them hit their twenties and wanted to show a more mature side. I don't think anyone exploited her, I think that is the path she chose to take. Her main competition back then was Aguilera who absolutely shredded at the Grammy's. That performance was incredible. What a role reversal those two have had. If you run around clubbing and getting photographed without panties on....well I don't think that is sexploitation, that is poor judgement by someone struggling with her marriage and career. In the end I hope she gets the help she needs.

r.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

So much depends on how your career is managed and who your mentors and managers are. Her first big hit and video Hit Me Baby, where she is dressed like a schoolgirl, was made when she was only 16 - and it was manufactured by people in her life who saw her as income - no matter the cost to her. She became an instant sex symbol by the time she was 17 - by people who knew that sex sells. If you don't have the skills or the solid family support to handle that sort of fame at that age, then it only stands to reason that there will in all probability be internal issues. Perhaps her choices in social activities now are hers, but when all you are is money in the bank for a lot of other people, there might come a time when you question your worth to anyone else in the world for who you are and maybe you give up caring for a time.

It began in April 1999 when a then 17-year-old Spears was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone [56] magazine in a sexually suggestive Lolita-themed photoshoot which triggered speculation that the singer had breast implants. [7]

sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit