trumpet blasts of Revelation

by Cellist 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

When they did the "corrections" to the Revelation - Grand Climax book, did they straighten out the order of the trumpets? I actually never noticed while we were studying the book that a few of the trumpeters were antsy and sounded their trumpets prematurely.

It was a QFR that alerted us to another thing wrong with their interpretation. In the WT Apr.1, 1990 Question From Readers this is the order they give:

First to Fourth Trumpets "only started to be blown at the Cedar Point convention in 1922.

Fifth Trumpet "is related to the release in 1919 of God's people from the abyss"

Sixth Trumpet "began in 1922"

Seventh Trumpet "is linked to the birth of God's Kingdom in 1914"

So, according to the WTS, the seventh trumpet blew first, the fifth trumpet blew second, the sixth trumpet blew sometime around the same time as the first to fourth trumpets.

Cellist

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Maybe the trumpeters had beans for dinner?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the first 4 trumpets will blow in the Public edition of Watchtower Jan 1st 2008 and the other 3 will be explained in the publisher edition January 15th 2008

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    So, according to the WTS, the seventh trumpet blew first, the fifth trumpet blew second, the sixth trumpet blew sometime around the same time as the first to fourth trumpets.

Only the wts could come up with an idea like that and get their followers to believe it without questioning.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The trumpet blasts are clearly satanic music since the melody is being played backwards.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the seventh trumpet blast is obviously an antitype

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I wrote a letter regarding the illustration of the scroll in the Revelation Climax book; it plainly would be opened in sequential order. But the events contained between those seals are supposedly scattered haphazzardly throughout the period between 1914 and Armageddon. In the same letter I mentioned the use of ordinal enumeration and the inescapably sequential nature of such with the seals, the bowls, the trumpets, and the woes.

I also asked why the very first thing that happened was the blowing of the 7th trumpet back in 1914, announcing Jesus' enthronement, when every other event seems to have reasonably preceded that one. The blowing of the seventh trumpet was the last action initiated by opening the 7th seal and was also the third woe. All the others had to come first.

I was told that all the seals were opened in 1914 and have been being fulfilled throughout from then on. How exactly a one time event can be said to be "being fulfilled" over a long span of time is beyond me.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I was told that all the seals were opened in 1914 and have been being fulfilled throughout from then on. How exactly a one time event can be said to be "being fulfilled" over a long span of time is beyond me.

Ha!

Priceless explanation.

• glenster
    glenster

Here's what I have for a 1914 idea after 1922:

1925 The JW book "Jehovah's Witnesses-—Proclaimers of God's Kingdom," 1993,
    pp.138,139, gives "The Watchtower" of March 1, 1925 as teaching that Jesus was
    enthroned as king in heaven in 1914.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#_note-16

1929 1874 was still taught as when Jesus invisibly returned: "The Scriptural
    proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 AD."
    ("Prophecy," 1929, pp.65-66) Combined with the idea given at the listing for
    1925, Rutherford taught that Jesus invisibly returned in 1874 but didn't become
    enthroned in heaven till 1914.

Christ's Second Advent was explained as a "turning of attention" to the earth
    from heaven. ("Presence-—Literal or Symbolic?" in "A People For His Name: A His-
    tory of Jehovah's Witnesses and an Evaluation," by Timothy White, pp. 223-224)

(I don't know. That must have been slippery to inspire confidence in: in
    1874, Jesus began invisibly browsing from heaven?)

1930 Rutherford bumped the invisible Jesus up from 1874 to 1914 (minus pyra-
    mid connotations) in 1930. "Jesus has been present since 1914." ("The Golden
    Age," 1930)
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/dates/boastful-lies/

• pixel
    pixel

Very intersting. Thank you for pointing that out. The Revelation book is full of weirdness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit