"MARKED" as undesireable association because of college

by LexWatson 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

"I" who was marked as someone BAD to associate with simply because I wanted to make enough to support my family and the approved professions (which our congregation was already saturated with) of window washers, carpet cleaners, janitorial services, and siding and window replacement workers did not appeal to me.

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

If these morons who supposedly have God's spirit, would have had age appropriate education for younger ones, then kids wouldn't have fallen asleep and needed to be spanked or reprimanded during meetings!!

Of course if they had taken psychology in college they would have known about stages of human growth and developement and that children are not miniture adults and thus shouldn't be treated as such. oh..that's right...I went to college ...they did NOT!!

If they had catered to young ones more when they were children, there wouldn't be an exodus OUT of the org the minute they turned 17, 18 etc and had the opportunity to leave.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    "I" who was marked as someone BAD to associate with simply because I wanted to make enough to support my family and the approved professions (which our congregation was already saturated with) of window washers, carpet cleaners, janitorial services, and siding and window replacement workers did not appeal to me.

You've got to be joking me right. I had an elder cousin commit ADULTRY and was PUBLICLY REPROVED only to have the entire congo run up to him and congratulate him and his new wife.

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

Interstingly I remember an elder referring to me in a service meeting comment back in 1990 (although not actually using my name) as an example of someone who let spiritual interests slide to prepare for a short life in a doomed materialistic system. I was the only individual who was in college and ther was NO doubt who he meant!!

I found great satisfaction in learning that his children chose to attend college a decade later! He also was having a hard time supporting himself in his nighttime janitorial service and daytime painting company.

HOW COULD HE PUT KINGDOM INTERESTS FIRST BY SLAVING DAY AND NIGHT FOR THIS DOOMED MATERIALISTIC SYSTEM!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    "I" who was marked as someone BAD to associate with simply because I wanted to make enough to support my family and the approved professions

You were expecting something different?

Just because they say it is a conscience matter doesn't mean you won't be marked for following it.

I'm sorry you are learning the hard way that there are two sets of rules:

1. What we say is wrong so don't do it
    2. What we say is a conscience matter but really means See rule # 1

Stick with your education. It will help you a lot more than any of those who are choosing to mark you

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

TO ZERO DAY...PERHAPS HIS MONTHLY FIELD SERVICE REPORT LOOKED BETTER THAN MINE!!

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

To LADY LEE: thanks for the comment.

When I was out of college and working, people were so jealous. It has always been obvious they didn't want me to succeed so they could point at me and say, "see, we told you so!!" and they would feel better about the choice to remain ignorant...or push their kids to full time service or bethel instead of college.

When they did finally throw me out for having "opinions"...only MOMENTS before they actually pointed the gun with the silver bullet at me and killed me spiritually, they actually asked me questions concerning if my car was "NEW" and how much $$ I made!

Now my former "friends" are being told....see how his faith was shipwrecked??!! ..and it's all because he pursued higher education instead of relying on Jehovah and his chosen organization.

Getting a college degree is the same as worshipping SATAN!

and now it's time for my Masters. Does anyone know a good school with a Masters Degree in Satanism? (just kidding)

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

Yes HIGHER education is EVIL

...which is precisely why no one on the New World Translation Committe had any education!!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Well, how about Duke University for a Masters Degree? Why the heck not? http://www.replayphotos.com/content/p/9/catid/10/catid1/17

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Follow your passions, follow your interests, follow your dreams because after all a career is a long time and it's your life, so make this your responsibility for your happiness and achievement

The WTS. have been continually saying for close to a hundred years now that the end of this system of things is about to occur, one hundred years from now they will be saying that very

same thing .......... so conduct yourself accordingly.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit