PUNISHED by WBTS for obeying conscience.

by yesidid 25 Replies latest jw friends

• pierogi
    pierogi
    my parents always told me that 1975 wasnt ever set in concrete by WTS and that it was people seeing things that weren't there

When it comes to 1975, the society takes no responsibility. They blame members of the flock for going ahead. Literally, if the sheep go ahead no one blames the sheep, it's the shepard's fault. It's just an example of them beating their flock.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good for Michael. Looking back I remember a CO we had that said things I'm sure could have got him in trouble with the WT. I wonder if he ever woke up and got out.

As for Numinous's hamster maybe we are not getting the full story. Was the hamster disfellowshipped at the time?

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I should think that the majority of ones on this board have been punished by the organisation for using their conscience.

But if we have principles then we can expect that from this type of a person and cult.

My thinking when arguing with these glorious ones is;

NEVER ARGUE WITH A FOOL …….HE’LL BRING YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

KT

• yesidid
    yesidid
    I started out in 1984 that the talks were OUTLINES, or basic topic suggestions, and the brothers added a lot of things if they wanted to. The outline of the talks were guides. I know the elders in my congregation went out of their way to be entertaining many times and gave colorful illustrations and often used props...and that the noose around following the outlines became tighter and tighter so that no personal TAKES on the information could enter into the presentation of the information. To the point where the talks were not to be deviated from AT ALL

Absolutely correct LovesDubs,

During the era I am referring to, there were no outlines for some of the CO's and DO's talks, others, including circuit assembly talks, had very skimpy outlines. There was no outline for the Tuesday evening talk to the host congregation, that's why Michael could give that particular talk.

Now, of course, the outlines have enough material for a three hour talk, so there is no excuse for using extra thoughts and ideas not previously vetted by HQ

yesidid

• yesidid
    yesidid

VanillaMocha73,

Are you serious about this:

I was pulled into the back room by elders for saying that I thought my hamster was going to be resurrected. (I was 10 years old at the time).

Did they really pull you into the back room for that?

yesisid

• Quandry
    Quandry

Vanilla Mocha--

How sad that you were "counseled" because you wanted your hamster resurrected!! They should have applauded your spiritual thinking.

When my daughter was in first grade there was a little witness girl in her class that used to chase all the children from the class during recess, shouting at them "You're going to die at Armageddon!" I don't recall that she was counseled for this. They probably would have wanted her to become an unbaptised publisher and count the time she did this!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit