PUNISHED by WBTS for obeying conscience.

by yesidid 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Numinous
    Numinous

The ex-elder husband who I worked with didn't care much for my friendliness to DFed people who came into the shop we worked at. My conscience, really my humanity and common sense got in the way of doing what I was told. Vanilla Mocha, I gotta say, that's funny being hauled into the back room for a hamster resurrection idea.My personal "gnat extractions" that were taken care of in the back room were : inappropriate sandal wearing, non Avon lady-like hair, colored nylons, and someone overhearing my saying "That's crap, I'm not doing that." right after the announcement to the congregation that we should all start informal witnessing like a moonie in a parking lot.

• zagor
    zagor

Well this just goes to show yet again (to anyone still doubting) that WTBS in nothing but politically driven and very human organization. Which is what I told to an elder once while observing just internal congregational politics. But this is even more awesome. It strikes right down to the very core of how JW mentality is driven and formed. Actually I remember talking to an elder once and he basically told me that if "body of elders" thinks that certain course of action is the right one opposing elder or elders need to submit to opinion of majority for the sake of "congregational unity" If they couldn't they were basically marginalized, made feel unwelcome, unsubstantiated rumors would somehow appear about them until they finally decide to go to another congregation. (You ex elders better verify if this is correct) Yes, nothing but a bloody politic, as dirty as one in the parliament if not worse.

I think we need to start collecting experiences like that and publish it in a book for the whole world to see.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

And yet the Org maintains that 1975 was never prophesied, blaming the R&F, lol. No wonder they're all confused.

And welcome Numinous - Good For You!

• yesidid
    yesidid

And yet the Org maintains that 1975 was never prophesied, blaming the R&F, lol. No wonder they're all confused.

Perhaps they should check their literature of the late 60's.

Just check this out.

http://www.cftf.com/comments/1975.html

yesidid

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

The watchliar sociopath society has "intelligence operatives" working on every level of their organization, in each and every country they claim to be active in.

I know, I was one of them.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Cheers yesisdid, bookmarked ...their use of the word 'assume' id their get out clause I should think..Nevertheless, how can they explain that several million simultaneously just 'assumed' Armaggedon would arrive in 1975 lol.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The elders in our group could confirm or deny this, but I know when I started out in 1984 that the talks were OUTLINES, or basic topic suggestions, and the brothers added a lot of things if they wanted to. The outline of the talks were guides. I know the elders in my congregation went out of their way to be entertaining many times and gave colorful illustrations and often used props...and that the noose around following the outlines became tighter and tighter so that no personal TAKES on the information could enter into the presentation of the information. To the point where the talks were not to be deviated from AT ALL. By the time I left in 97 the talks were bland, and sterile. And I could tell the happiness was removed from the brothers who before that time were at least INTERESTING in their presentations. Were you guys ostracised or punished for not toeing the line when you gave talks?

• FairMind
    FairMind

Many years ago I (in a drunken state) committed a misdemeanor crime. Eventually I met with police detectives and when confronted I confessed fully. In the course of my conversation with the detectives I mentioned I was a JW. Anyhow, the police matter was resolved without serious legal consequences to me. When the elders in my congregation (who had already dealt with my wrongdoing) found out that I had told the police I was a JW they black listed me. It seems that the "crime" I had committed was not as serious an offence as "bringing reproach upon the organization". In fact the brothers were upset that I had admitted my crime to the police. Needless to day I was cut to the heart as I had prayed to Jehovah to move me to do the right thing with regard to the police inquiry.

• blondie
    blondie

I have seemed (so far) to have avoided punishment I find it is good to pit 2 elders or 2 BOEs against each...

Hearing about 1975, I remember it was not safe to say publicly that there were scriptural reasons not to put complete faith in that date. 1) nobody knows the day or the hour 2) nobody knew for sure how much time elapsed between the creation of Adam and the creation of Eve.

I can remember some old-timers dragging their feet on this date (perhaps remembering 1925?) They were told that they were out of harmony with the WTS thus with God. But these old-timers were wise enough not to go around the congregation advocating their opinion thus they were not removed from their positions. Actually, it was a good example for me to see that it was more important to obey your conscience than be pressured by someone no matter their authority or position in the WTS.

I was told this experience (smile).

An old-time elder was in a congregation debating whether to build a KH or not. The majority (including this elder) voted that now was not a good time financially based on the slips the rank and file had turned in. But the PO wanted it to be built. So at the next service meeting, the PO got up and said that the BOE had voted to have the KH built. This old-time elder stood up and said that the PO was lying and the majority had voted not to build at this time.........you know what happened, this elder was removed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

vanillamocha

I was pulled into the back room by elders for saying that I thought my hamster was going to be resurrected. (I was 10 years old at the time).

Hamsters reincarnate, not ressurect. Still, you would have had a real hard time identifying it in it's next life. I mean, how many hamsters are there? Seriously though, that's pretty harsh, like a couple of goons ganging up on a 10 yr old to take away his candy. S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit