Let's Give AudeSapere a Great Big Hug

by FreeChick 32 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Thanks, FreeChick for doing this thread. I'm just really struggling this week and feeling pretty overwhelmed and helpless (not like me at all).

I appreciate all the well-wishes, too.

Time to just go lie down and rest now, I think.

-Denise.

• juni
    juni

Hugs Denise. Take care of yourself and try not to overdo it so soon after surgery.

Juni

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

((((Aude))))

• magoo
    magoo

...............aude, you're way too feisty to be down for long. wishing you a speedy recovery

magoo

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

((((Denise)))) 5 weeks will be over before you know it. Just make sure not to rush the process, healing takes time.

If I was there I would touch your knee. Your crutches would fly away. I would command you to "Walk!"

And you'd fall flat on your butt, on account'a you're a cripple and all.

• bubble
    bubble

(((((Denise)))))

Hope you are back on your feet asap and that you're not in too much discomfort.

XXX

• KW13
    KW13

hope your ok

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I had a good sleep last night and did some of my therapy. Feeling a little better today.

I was going to stay home from work but think I will go in for a few hours.

Part of the problem is that if I stay home and be totally compliant, use the crutches, 8+ hours a day of therapy, etc. I will go stir crazy. So I use the crutches part time (mostly just when I leave the house) and have shortened the therapy time (Unfortunately, didn't do any therapy on Tuesday and just 1.5 hours on Wednesday.)

The struggle is more in my head and emotions than in my body. It will be in my pocketbook, too, very soon.

I want to do some work from home (and it's completely doable - I sit at a desk on the phone all day) but, following all the corporate changes last week, it's forbidden. I didn't want to take FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) but it may be forced on me and will result in an 80% reduction in my pay for these three weeks. I'm not getting a straight answer from anyone in HR about this. 80% reduction even though I'm covering all my own work and working 4-6 hours a day? The lack of a straight answer is making me crazy in the head.

It's time to look for new employment (in June I will have been with this company for 5 years). Many are leaving. I was hoping to ride out the storm because I think it will be much better after things settle but the stress and financial strain right now are just too much.

Also, how do I even start looking for work while I'm semi-incapacitated?

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Sorry I can't thank each of you personally.

Megsmomma - Thank you.

Dansk - Funny. I am a hobbler lately.

Sandy - I do not have a pm from you.

Confession - Too much time on those damn things.

Mouthy - Thanks grandma.

Juni - Thanks for the happy thought! Yay Friday!! Two days of guilt-free rest are near at hand. (Too jw'y??)

Magoo - Long time no see. Are you back home or still traveling around?

AuldSoul - Cute.

Anonomous Poster (you know who you are) - Thanks for the voice mail message at work. I laughed.

Everyone - the cyber hugs and good thoughts help.

FreeChick - Huge Thank you. You have been so supportive and helpful. Truly helped make the past week alot easier. Looking forward to seeing you tonight. More popcorn and a movie???

-Denise.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Denise! Darn it I knew you would over do it. It's easy to get overwhelmed so you have to think in little chunks. Don't look down the road as it can seem too long to bear with cheer. Relax if possible and I'm glad FC is helping you out. (where is that deadbeat family of yours?)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    (where is that deadbeat family of yours?)

*sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit