I could use some computer help..........please.

by ButtLight 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Ok, alot of you know I bought a camcorder. It uses mini dvds. It came with nero express 6.

Problem is my cd rom, doesnt recognized them. There is a spot for it in the cd rw drawer, but nothing happens.

I read that I may need firmware for it, but cant find it.

I have an LG (HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8520B)

The camcorder is a Sony DCR-DVD105 handycam.

Any suggestions? Before I rip my hair out and take it back?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Can you Google the camera type and find a site that will tell you how to do it? I am completely unfamiliar.

Jeff

• needproof
    needproof

Try using Power DVD or something to play the disc, it wont work unless you use the software.

edited: dont check your pm! I thought I could send you a link but it's down :(

• needproof
    needproof

HOLD ON, I read this post again, properly. You dont have a DVD drive, so you cannot play those discs on your system at all.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    HOLD ON, I read this post again, properly. You dont have a DVD drive, so you cannot play those discs on your system at all.

I know I am blonde, but why can I put regular dvd rw cds and burn music and play them?

• needproof
    needproof

So you are saying you actually put DVD's, not CD's, into your LG drive, and are able to read them? This does not make sense, your drive is only a CD-RW drive, not a DVD drive.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Because its a whole different format/technology. Its kind of like trying to play beta in a vhs.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    So you are saying you actually put DVD's, not CD's, into your LG drive, and are able to read them? This does not make sense, your drive is only a CD-RW drive, not a DVD drive.

Your right, it doesnt! BUT...................dumb blonde here, didnt think to use her new laptop that does!!! YIPPEE, it works Now all i have to do is figure out how to save it on the hard drive

• needproof
    needproof

Don't be so hard on yourself, we all learn somewhere

It should have come with software to save it on your hard-drive with.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

here's your sign....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit