km arrangement?

by carla 24 Replies latest jw friends

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Why would they give you one if you are DF'ed, or dissasociated or not even a publisher? I mean it only makes sense to me. Oh, I forgot, in this board everything that they do is blown up to look like a huge deal.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    in this board everything that they do is blown up to look like a huge deal.

They taught us well, didn't they?

W

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was told it was for active publishers and in the case of a family with small children, it was often just given to the adults only. There was a limited amount sent out, and often it took a long time to get the number needed updated with the changes of people coming and going.

• dobbie
    dobbie

My hubbys step dad was meant to make sure we always had one as he was the book study conductor. But even though i was still active, because i rarely went to the book study meeting he wouldn't ever let us have one. So because i did'nt like going to the other meeting and sitting there with no KM i stopped going to that one too!Oh well, telly was always more interesting those nights anyway!

• Gill
    Gill

R6Laser - I don't think this is 'blown up out of proportion'.

If the WTBTS cared about its members, showed a forgiving spirit etc and was a 'loving' organization it would not try to make some members look 'inferior', 'different', or 'not good enough' to be reading what everyone else is reading at a meeting.

When my husband stopped FS he was no longer given a KM but I was. Did this encourage him to go out on FS so that he could be like the rest of the idiots at the meeting? NO! It made him decide he didn't want to go to Thursday meetings either and.....the best thing of all, he saw the bOrg for what it was, a mind control cult that was trying to bully him.

The Organization is all about 'Position' and who is the biggest and the best and the most powerful.

He who has KM is therefore 'bigger and better' than he who is 'shamed' by not having KM!

That is just bullying in any body's language.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was never told why I stopped receiving a KM. ....I was also to embarrased/shy to ask.... But I used that fact that I couldn't study on Thursday nights as an excuse to quit going all together.

lisa

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I think most of you hit the nail on the head. What dumb sh#*% would make that publication the basis for the meeting format, and expect you to come to the Service Meeting, and not make one available to you? What should you do, read comic books while they are discussing the articles? What a bunch of idiots!

Outaservice

PS Do you know my brother Nomomeetins?

• willyloman
    willyloman

Anyone want to bet on how long it will be before the KM becomes part of that new "dubs-only, not for distribution" Watchtower magazine?

• Gill
    Gill

Willyloman - If they do that I wonder if this dubs only Watchtower/Km will be printed on the same low quality paper as the usual KM is. That should cut the costs even more.

• carla
    carla

I'm not trying to blow anything out of proportion. I'm not a jw, never been. Can't you see how damn silly the whole thing looks to an outsider? If the wt claims to want to spread the news (whatever that may be today) why withhold anything from anybody? It looks secretive to an outsider. I can't imagine any church that would withhold any brochures from anybody, at least one that doesn't have cultish attitudes and activities.

Thanks much everyone for clearing this up for me. I can see my jw holding his very first km in his hot little hands and thinking, 'now I've really made it!". (aww, just kidding no need to get your undies in a bunch)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit