Why worry if there is no hell???

by lost&found 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Too simple a question John. Try telling me that, if you were sitting on death row or about to die or meet with an unpredictable horror that can confront anyone anytime. There are no gauruntees in life.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

What if there is a hell+1? One time more hellacious? than the hell you imagine exists? Whatever story ypou have for hell, there's always another story that is one time worse, on to infinity, until you have hell infinity for everyone all the time. As great as is your imagination, that's how hell is in your opinion. But that's just your opinion right? So if you are of the mind that hell infinity for everyone all the time is the truth, then we all should adopt your religion because you have the most hideous yarn to spin (stories to tell)?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Too simple a question John. Try telling me that, if you were sitting on death row or about to die or meet with an unpredictable horror that can confront anyone anytime. There are no gauruntees in life.

Yes, but can you tell me how worrying about the situation helps you in any way? I'm convinced that worrying is a mental disorder. This is contrasted with legitimate concern which is merely thinking about situations in order to effect some kind of improvement.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

That's just it Shawn. That's why we worry. Even if you were the ultimate servant of God in your own mind or anyone elses , you, me or anyone could be wrong. Shit, for all we know Charles Manson, Hitler, and Saddam Hussein are all going to be in paradise cuz they were misunderstood and had bad childhoods. No one knows!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

It's a good point John. These are things we can do nothing about. I think for ex witnesses this dilema of death and fear has been the forefront of their existance. I still think though, that a large number of non religious people might have the same dilema. Is it really possible to put something so intense out of your consciuousness? To do so, would be to reduce yourself to the state of an animal that doesn't reason on higher levels. I guess it depends on what you convince yourself of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit