Why worry if there is no hell???

by lost&found 24 Replies latest jw friends

• snickers
    snickers

What are the qualifying factors that would send one to hell in the first place? Is hell reserved for the child molesters and murderers or for every-day lying/cheating? Adultery? Being a shitty parent? Having a general lack of morals?

Then I wonder, is there a certain amount of goodness that one can practice after being a full-blown sinner in order to prevent hell?

For me, it's easier to believe that hell doesn't exist.

• free2beme
    free2beme

People worry, as they don't see death as anything with an exact answer. So they fear the big ? of death and do everything to make sure they are okay when it happens.

• Warlock
    Warlock

If there is no hell, then how can I continue to tell people to "go to hell"?

Warlock

• Mary
    Mary
    If there is no hell, then how can I continue to tell people to "go to hell"?

You could always tell them to go to mankind's common grave and try and start a bible study that way.

• Mad
    Mad

• theMartian
    theMartian

Who worries?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah mad, he won't send us to hell, but, he may ask us to kill our children or sell our daughters into slavery. ohhhhhhhhhh glory be to him.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

and yeah mad, it is a little "too deep". so deep, i need to get some high boots to walk through it.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

It is the fear of the unknown. No one in history can tell why wer'e here, or where you go. Is what you do with your life in this time going to determine what will happen to you after? Will it be reincarnation, some form of eternal limbo? Were you put here on a mission and failed? Is there punishment? Is the life you have now, because of something you did in a past life. Is there lasting horrors awaiting you that can't even be imagined? Is this life already a certain grade of hell, because we lack answers and suffer so much? We are a species that has a curiosity and need for answers, and have no control over our ultimate destiny or fate. Thats a very uncomfortable feeling. No religious icon will ever admit their doubts while living on this toilet we call a planet but we have insight now from mother Theresa's personal letters, that she was just as lost as anyone else from the pope on down. Lost as the Jehovah's witnesses or anyone else that has the truth. If you ask me she was a much better actress than a nun.

• John Doe
    John Doe

A simpler question is "why worry?" Worrying, by nature, is illogical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit