The Jehovah's Witness Cult Hires Illegal Immigrants

by lisavegas420 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    exwitless

Why would you think my comment about a retail establishment being held responsible for the actions of contractors when the thread is about contractors working in a retail store was directed towards your post?

Are you under medication to control that paranoia?

Seriously...English; DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT?

Anyway who really cares if illegals get hired to clean store floors at night? Would anyone here actually stoop to that kind of work?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

"Guess what? Now that you know about it, you are an accomplice to a felony! Have a nice day!"

Agreed. Now, where would lisavegas get one of those spyglasses you wear in your eyeglasses?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Did you know that the INS has changed its name to the US Citizenship And Immigration Service and that it is no longer affiliated with the DOJ? Now that's weird.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

To clear up any misunderstandings...I copied the orginal post from someone's blog..there a link at the end of the blog.

I don't work with illegal immigrants, nor do I personally have a problem with them. I fully understand why they do what they do. I have and would do what ever was necesarry in-side...possibly outside the law to support my family...... I do however have a problem with JW"s breaking the law that the rest of us are supposed to follow, when they set theirselves up higher and better than the rest of the world.

lisa

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Many years ago I was trying to learn Spanish and I visited a Spanish speaking congregation a couple of times. I got the sense that many of them there were not legal so I dropped the idea of going to that congregation because I was damned if I was going to be helping illegal aliens (or immigrants) or whatever the politically correct term is!

As it was, I spent enough time running from the USUAL deadbeats and con artists in the congregation who were US citizens.

LHG

• willyloman
    willyloman

Lisa: That's a good report from the front lines.

Despite the lip service they give to "Jehovah's people are good citizens, they pay their taxes...," I can think of many, many dubs I knew back in the day who I know were not paying taxes on their considerable cash income. JWs have a disproportionate number of people who are self employed. The vast majority of them are paid in cash or checks. I suspect 99% of the dub women who are cleaning houses get paid in cash or receive a check made payable to them personally - and not to NewWorld Cleaning Co, Inc. Same thing with window washers and others who work by themselves. You'd have to be made of steel to clean houses all day for $15 an hour and then sit down and send 40% to the government, especially if no one would ever know if you didn't.

• read good books
    read good books

What about the slave labort at Bethel, those people make less than the illegal immigrants and probably work harder. Then the society has the nerve after getting free labor for years to kick some of those people out.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Why would you think my comment about a retail establishment being held responsible for the actions of contractors when the thread is about contractors working in a retail store was directed towards your post?

Sorry, your post came right after mine. My bad.

Are you under medication to control that paranoia?

Seriously...English; DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT?

If you have a crass sense of humor, then ha ha. If not, then once again, you're being an a$$. There's no need to insult my or anyone else's intelligence.

Would anyone here actually stoop to that kind of work?

Well, excuse me while my evolution from ape to human catches up to your state of superiority. Yes, as I said, we USED to work in the cleaning business, but not because we didn't have the brains to do better. In fact, we gave up better, higher paying jobs to do office cleaning so we could be good little witnesses and have more time to go 'out in service'. Since we are no longer in the borg, we no longer do office cleaning, and we're trying to rebuild our lives.

I resent your kind of intellectually superior attitude. If you were 'joking', then I failed to see the humor in your remarks.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I know illegal immigrants can be baptized as jws. How they can claim to obey the law and not require them to legalize themselves first is beyond me. So it would not surprise me if they hired illegal immigrants also.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    I know illegal immigrants can be baptized as jws. How they can claim to obey the law and not require them to legalize themselves first is beyond me. So it would not surprise me if they hired illegal immigrants also.

Well coming from an area that had a lot of individuals who were not in the country under legal means, I was told that the reason the Spanish congo had a ton of guys but very little bros who could hold a position was because they were in the country illegally. According to the elder I was speaking w/, the congo would "encourage" the people who were in illegally to either legalize or leave. But of course that never happened.

Another interesting thing, the bit about paying under the table is not just for people who are here illegally. My GF who got rid of her loser JW hubby got a judgment in divorce court where he responsible for the bills he charged up. What does he do but go home to his inbred JW family members who see him as the victim and he works for one of his cousins who pays him under the table. He then files taxes saying that he makes nothing and in turn files BK saying he cannot pay for any of the credit he charged up. Even though the divorce degree had him as the sole person responsible for the bills, the credit card companies went after my GF and in the end she spent $$$$$$$$ because unfortunately the collection companies didn't give a rat's arse about the domestic relations divorce degree, so she had to fight them and she spent in legal fees what she would have spent in paying off his bills. And he got away with it all, even though we notified his hall and elders about what he was doing, they did not do a GD thing about it. The guy was allowed to have all his privileges. Then when my GF was getting remarried (long story as to how he found out, but it is a perfect example of six degrees of separation), he wrote the WTBTS and a letter to her elders and they threatened to DF her (it would not have mattered to her if her parents were not strong jws, but they are and she did not want to lose them) and it was not until her elder dad stepped in and was able to find some kind of loop hole that she did not get DF'd and her jw family members went to her wedding.

I so hate this religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit