The Jehovah's Witness Cult Hires Illegal Immigrants

by lisavegas420 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Working in retail management is a never ending adventure. You never know what is lurking around the next corner. Such was the case about six months ago when my boss asked me to stay over on a Sunday night to watch the store while a floor cleaning crew did a strip and wax.

Now with my self being a former Jehovah's Witness, I already knew that a great deal of the JW's owned and operated their own floor cleaning buisnesses, and there was a good chance that the floor crew on that Sunday night would more than likely be a JW operation.

When the guys first walked in, I just had a feeling that my hunch was right. Of course as I started talking to these guys as well as asking some general questions, there was no doubt in my mind that they were JW's . This is quite hard to explain, I suppose that you would have to be a former JW yourself in order to understand. Then I popped the question straight out and asked them if they were JW's, and just as I suspected, their answer was " yes "

Then as I was chatting with these guys, a few more workers walked in. I tried to talk to this second wave of workers, and they couldn't speak one word of English, not even one word. Then I asked the JW's where these guys were from, and their answer was " we found them down in a Latino neighborhood in Clarksville, Tn "

Then I asked the JW's " Why can't they speak English? "

The JW's replied "We don't know. All we have to do is point to a buffer, a mop bucket or a bucket of wax and they get the idea"

My next question for the JW's was " Do you guys use the I-9 form? "

The JW's answered " Nah, we pay them under the table "

So then I asked this question " Are these guys legal? "

The JW boss answered " Nope, it doesn't matter anyway. They are Jehovah's people. They come here to worship Jehovah and to work, that's all that matters "

Now after hearing all of this obvious bull crap, I couldn't stop myself from thinking back to my days as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and how they constantly preached about obeying the laws of the land. Actually, breaking the law was grounds for disfellowship from the organization, and now they are breaking the law by hiring illegal immigrants ?

These JW's will disfellowship a member who files a complaint against an Elder for breaking the law and sexually abusing them, and then turn around and break the law by not using the I-9 form, paying workers under the table, and then admit to hiring illegal immigrants ?

There doesn't semm to be an end to this insanity anytime soon.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976910104

lisa

• badboy
    badboy

ITS GOOD TO SMELL THE HYPROCRISY

• exwitless
    exwitless

We experienced this first hand. We subcontracted office cleaning accounts from a long-standing elder in our former congregation. It was well-known that he hired illegal immigrants to clean for him. He gave the same stupid reasoning, that they were here in the US to worship Jehovah freely and he was helping them by employing them. He felt as though this was a case of "Obeying Jehovah before the wordly government". It always bothered us that he was so pious about being an elder and never missed a meeting, etc. but willingly broke the law, and no one ever held him accountable.

• sspo
    sspo

Turn them in to the congr.

If they get hurt in the store, they can also sue even though they are illigal.

• exwitless
    exwitless
    Turn them in to the congr.

Well, that's the problem. The other elders in the cong. have been aware of it all along. They just bury their heads in the sand because they are all friends, and they've all been elders in the KH for 20-30 years. Part of my gripe with the cong. has always been that it's very stagnant. Same old elders, same old families, they all pat each other's backs, so nothing is ever wrong on their part. The elder in question has been the WT conductor for as long as I've known. We were assimilated about 14 years ago, and he was the WT conductor then and still is (as far as I know). He has always been very close friends with the Presiding Overseer (who's also annointed, for what that's worth). So, as always, nothing will change. But, I don't care anymore 'cuz I'm OUT! It would make my day if he was audited by the IRS.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Turn them in to the INS.

• belbab
    belbab

The Watchtower always criticized other religions that they labeled as false, because in Asia and elswhere, the denominations used to make "Rice Christians"

Now we know why there is such increase it JW members within the Latin communities, and others.

Not only do they shield pedophiles, but also illegal immigrants to bolster up their membership.

I am not down on illegals in the country, I would do the same if I was desperate to feed and care for my family. I would become a member of a community and follow their rules if it led to acceptance and benifits for me.

Countries who employ child labor are denounced in the West. JW cleaning groups are exploiting cheap labor for their own interests.

belbab

• Mad
    Mad

The Bank of America is now setting up Checking Accounts for 'Illegal Aliens'- there is plenty of things to pick on us about; that is a cheesy one! As time goes by, more & more laws are being passed contradicting other laws, and also making it harder & harder to carry out! There are ENDLESS businesses owned by 'Christians' of different denominations that do the same thing; the government has ruined the business environment for small businesses! But that's another topic! Instead of zeroing in on faults, why not try virtues? Think we don't have any? What wonderful chuch do YOU go to? Or are you just someone keeping to yourself while criticizing those that try? Mad

• exwitless
    exwitless
    There are ENDLESS businesses owned by 'Christians' of different denominations that do the same thing

You're right, no argument there. I never said JW's were the ONLY ones who do this. I just resent the hypocrisy of many elders and "higher up's" in the org. JWs are constantly being told to "obey the laws" and "give a good witness" in everything they do, whether it's the way they dress, how they speak, what kind of music they listen to, etc. When a long standing elder knowingly employs illegal immigrants, that's hypocrisy at it's finest.

Instead of zeroing in on faults, why not try virtues? Think we don't have any?

If you're here to read comments about how great and wonderful JW's are, then you are most certainly in the wrong place. I don't know who you are, but it sounds like your an active JW(?) If so, I wish the best for you. I have nothing personally against you, because I don't know you.

What wonderful chuch do YOU go to? Or are you just someone keeping to yourself while criticizing those that try?

None. I have recently severed my ties with JW's after 14 years of enslavement. I don't criticize anyone who 'tries' to find his/her own way to spiritual contentment. I just simply have no tolerance for the hypocricy among certain (not all) JWs, and I make no apologies for that.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Wal-Mart paid out umpty-million in fines because a CONTRACTOR hired illegals and put them to work cleaning floors in the store.

In cases like this the Federal Gov't makes the case that the contractor is a straw-man, and that the party for whom the work is being done is the beneficiary of the illegal labor.

If you are still in that job Google the Wal-Mart deal, show the bosses, and get them the HELL out of the store before something happens. Guess what? Now that you know about it, you are an accomplice to a felony! Have a nice day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit