Another example of JW Kindness

by AMarie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AMarie
    AMarie

I am really really upset right now. I just got off of the phone with my JW sister, who lives in Seattle.

She just recently moved there last summer when she married her husband, Tim. Lara, my sister, is a JW and her husband is not. Despite Tim being a wonderful man, when they began dating there was alot of pressure on my sister from her congregation and family not to be with Tim because of he is a protestant. Her friends stopped associating with her after she was "marked" as bad association by the elders. It was pure hell for her. In fact, things were so hard that they decided to move 2,500 miles away to live.

Through all of this Turmoil, I stuck by Lara's side. I love my sister deeply and it really hurt to see her go through so much pain. When she moved to Seattle she asked for my help, so I took a week off of work and spent about $700 helping her move. I bought my plane ticket, paid for a hotel room, helped them with gas, etc.

Well, last night I gave Lara a call after I realized we hadn't spoken in about two months. When she picked up the phone, it was obvious that she was not happy to hear from me. When I asked her what was wrong, she told it bothered her conscience to talk to a disfellowshipped individual and that I should not call. I'm sure you all could image my shock. It sure as hell didn't bother her conscience when I spent $700 to help her move when NOBODY else would help her.

I just cannot beleive it.

AMarie

• Englishman
    Englishman

Isn't Seattle YK's stompin' ground?

Englishman not sleepless.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((Marie))))))))))

Who is it that's supposed to 'lack natural affection'?

I am so sorry for your pain.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• blondie
    blondie

AMarie, did you ask for the $700 back then...I would think she wouldn't want any association with that dirty money, touched by a DF'd person.

What kind of relationship did you have with her before your being DF'd? If it was strained then, you can kiss the money goodbye and chalk it up to "no good deed goes unpunished." Or you can think of it as also helping your brother-in-law who is not a JW (do you talk with him?).

You can chalk this up to September 11 and a guilty conscience. She was willing to "disobey God" when she thought the "end" was far away.

• DIM
    DIM

how long have you been df'd?

My wife and I are moving to Seattle in 6 months to get away from our "loving" JW relatives

• joelbear
    joelbear

My brother's three daughters and wife shun me even though they are inactive witnesses. My brother doesn't. But boy you better know I get reminded of every wedding and birth for presents.

sheesh

Joel

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((AMarie)))

I'm so sorry about this! Would it be possible for you (in an almost overly kind/gentle way) ask her why it didn't seem to be an issue when you helped move her? I know expecting rational behavior from irrational people is sometimes a heartache waiting to happen, but is it possible to at least try asking her that? In the very least it might make her realize how conflicting her behavior is.

Truly, I'm sorry you had to experience this.

Love,
    Andi

• Mulan
    Mulan

I live in Seattle. What congregation is it? Give me the general area she lives (like NE, SW, S, etc.) Don't know if I can help, but maybe.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• roybatty
    roybatty

Yup, gotta love those WT rules. My brother shuns me until he got fired from his job and then needed help finding a new.
    Oh well, I still love him but I know what you're feeling. It still hurts.

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

Oh yeah, I agree with you Roy! I work in the health field. My entire witness family shuns me for a year....then when somebody in the family gets cancer, they called me for help! You're right, it hurts. It's that whole conditional love thing they have going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit