This Greber 'coverup' is disgusting, Isn't it?

by AK - Jeff 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I had proven to myself, with help from Ray Franz and others, that the 'truth' was not the 'truth' about three years back - so in most cases I have paid little attention to further proof. Once proven, always proven, right?

Then this week, I began to do a little research into the Greber thing - I typed in Greber Watchtower to my Google seach.

465 hits - and started to read a few of the websites. Though this is not new news, it just began to make my blood boil! Is there any damn thing the Watchtower did not lie about? Cover up? Or misrepresent? As I told one fellow poster in an email - had I read this stuff as a witness I would have barfed my lunch once I knew it to be true, as it clearly is. Looking at the Greber things, lead me to the other quotes they used to defend translation of John 1:1, and I find that they lied and manipulated the words of practically every scholar they ever quoted to prove the doctrinal lies they accept. I had just never looked too deeply into these matters, and it makes me sick to see how they lied to me.

I don't usually get to worked up over the WTS lies any more - but for some reason this one touched a nerve.

Jeff

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Perhaps the word BETRAYAL would help put your feelings into focus

• becca1
    becca1

I'm not familiar with this, can you give me a brief explination?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Perhaps the word BETRAYAL would help put your feelings into focus

Yep. I think so. Or maybe RAPE. Jeff

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Becca

Really brief:

The WTS got its interpretation for John 1:1 from an ex-Jesuit priest who got it from his wife during a seance or some such oddity

The WTS actually published an article about Greber saying the knew where his nonsense came from. Then they when called on the carpet for where they got their interpretation from they denied knowing anything about Greber.

Until someone found the old info they had published.

Try this because my thoughts might be a tad jumbled at the moment - bedtime

Johannes Greber - Spirit Medium's translation used in NWT- John1:1 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/66048/1.ashx

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings AKJ,

I am likewise incensed over this particular matter. And quite in agreement with Lady Lee's word - "betrayal." What angers me beyond the cover-up (which is bad enough), is the demonization and even DFing of those who've confronted B'lyn directly on matters similar to this particular one. I count as personal friends a few of these brave souls.
    I am totally in concert with your sentiments and could have readily spoken your very words.

Coco

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I'm not familiar with this, can you give me a brief explination?

As LL said; to confirm their translation of John 1:1, and also to support their position on soul-sleep. A search in the WT CD ROM shows about 5 or 6 references to Greber. A Search in Google will reveal plenty of information too. Deeper research will reveal that nearly every scholar they quoted in support of J 1:1, was misquoted in addition. They did a dandy job or turning God's word into Freddy's word on this one. Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hi becca, Greeber was a catholic priest that got defrocked because he claimed that he came in contact with angels who passed onto him useful information. Just like Rutherford used to do and both claimed that the were contacting Holy angels not demons. Christians however never talk about contacting angels even if they are being used by God to transmit information. The WTS had dealings with Grebber into the 1980's despite denouncing all angel contacting as occultism since the time Rutherford died.

• becca1
    becca1

Thanks.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Rutherford was after all a spirit medium, just like Johannes Greber, who also had the Bethel boys playing with ouija boards. Add to this Russell's occultic activities and we have a WTS meddling in occultism for half of its existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit