It can always be worse. Be thankful.

by Sparkplug 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    extra energy drink and 2 sandwichs. He is looking at me like I'm nuts, but he has learned not question me. so I got the stuff and took it to him. He ate like an animal, I felt sick. We drove off , all dry and warm and I cried all through the couples session. It hit me that I may be poorer than most, but I'm not walking the street looking in a trash can for food. It was hard to watch a human being looing for food out of a trash can and eating so fast he nearly choked. I try and recall this when i get too bitchy.

and that has made me want to go and read everything you wrote. You know EXACTLY how I feel. I thought how I wanted a cigarette and how in the world could I walk by and smoke when I know that I had a possible chance to help and did not. I think that if there is a Kharma thing...I would bet I choke on my cig right there. I am so happy after reading what you wrote. That is awsome!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I just think about what if it were me or my daughter or someone I loved who went crazy one day and just got lost in the world. I know I feel lost in the world sometimes myself, but at least I have a place to live, a job (even if it does suck sometimes) and a few bucks here and there.

And althought I have not finished the story I started long ago is some of what propells me. One of my family members lived in a shelter for a bit and I hope people were kind my family. Sometimes if the family is busted up, help from strangers comes easier and is always most welcome if you can do it.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thanks Abbandoned. Your not so bad yourself.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Sparklet,

Sometimes you are just too giving for your own good, but you wouldn't be you if you weren't.

Ummm...does that make any sense? At all?

tim

Ummm, yes, but it sounds better when you say it to the point before I go trying to fit a tree, shoes, mustard and the whole weeks laundry in the word pile. So I think I get what you are trying to say...but somewhere in there it made my mind wander to petticoats.

And on that..the song "If you want to speak out...speak out!

And if you want to be free....be free!

Cause theres a million ways you can be (forgot the words) you know that there are!

Something like that.

Can you spare some focus?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Isn't that the hardest thing of all to learn, that sometimes you CANNOT help. Infact, it may be more than sometimes, it may be MOST of the time!

Truly horrific, when you think about it, how powerless we all are to help eachother! Doesn't mean we shouldn't try, BUT we all have the 'If I ruled the world' days. Then, even if you did rule the world, you still COULDN'T do much about anything!

People have the 'right' to self desctruct!

That's why we have to concentrate on those who have no voice, the very poorest, the most vulnerable and the weakest and only education, education, and education can help everyone else.....and then not everyone wants to or can be educated!

Bloody hell! I wish I hadn't responded to this thread! I have been known to ramble on inanely!

You put my all the confusion I was feeling in a row. That is exactly the kind of ramble I understand. It made a lot of sense to me. Sometimes my mind gets on thoughts like this, and then I ten to start spinning out of control. Trying to do too much. Starting a million projects and lucky to finish one....you know?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    so I slipped it to him and gave his hand a little squeeze and went to work.

That makes you so dear to me.

So i thought well maybe it was good karma - maybe if Ihadnt given my last pound to the homeless man i wouldnt have had any luck - thats probably nonsense but hey it makes me feel happy!

That makes perfect sense to me and I am so glad to know someone I think is pretty neat has some of the same thoughts I don't say too often. Makes me feel like I have found another goose to talk to. (see above post)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    ps - Have you tried sewing name tage into your daughter's school clothes? Very uncool I know lol but it might slightly improve the chances of her getting them back if she misplaces them in school.

Thankshon. Tes I have thought about it. But I bet I put it on a post it note 6 months ago and forgot where I put that note... Not Joking!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    re: feet-man

A friend of mine worked for the Salvation Army, and often saw people like this. When helped many would just revert to their old habits (of not wearing shoes, or sleeping under a tree, whatever...) At the end of the day, some people are just more comfortable with being their own person... even if that means hardship. Of course help is still offered and given in the spirit of love, as longsuffering, as patience, as brotherly love, as kindness, as gentleness.

See I think that would be a greeat job. I worked with charities at Christmas and we used to go down there and do the Angel tree program. I always think that I want to work there....BUT I don't think they get paid much and I have to raise my own first. So I always have to remember not to give away the last of everthing because well the kids don't always need to go as tight as I tend to make it sometimes.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Oh, and Jackson perpetually has one glove, no matter how many I buy him.

Oh Nina! I do just love you!! With that scentence you just made me laugh so hard. I was thinking we could maybe bring our missing socks and gloves to a party and I bet someone has to have a pair. lol

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I tend to think I can spare that 5 bucks for a little girl fighting leukemia looking for a cure.

But round here I have yet to run into the scenarios described.

see, Black swan, it shocked me too. I figured that if discreet he would want the socks and shoes. I don't know why I did not think that surely soneone has tried to put shoes on him before. And I really did not think too too hard about being hurt. But who knows, maybe he says no to my shoes today and someone else asks tomorrow and he changes his mind. At least I am hoping that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit