It can always be worse. Be thankful.

by Sparkplug 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Sparkplug))), you did your best for the guy and that's what matters most

ps - Have you tried sewing name tage into your daughter's school clothes? Very uncool I know lol but it might slightly improve the chances of her getting them back if she misplaces them in school.

And (((all you other good hearted folks too))) may whatever needs you have be met

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

re: feet-man

A friend of mine worked for the Salvation Army, and often saw people like this. When helped many would just revert to their old habits (of not wearing shoes, or sleeping under a tree, whatever...) At the end of the day, some people are just more comfortable with being their own person... even if that means hardship. Of course help is still offered and given in the spirit of love, as longsuffering, as patience, as brotherly love, as kindness, as gentleness.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Sparky))))) You are the sweetest person! And you are tremendously loved by a whole bunch of us, dearie.

I feel blessed to have a family that I love more than my life, reasonably good health, a roof over my head and food on the table. It could be a hell of a lot worse.

Oh, and Jackson perpetually has one glove, no matter how many I buy him.

Hugs,

Nina

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok this was an eye opener for me. I tend to be a giver. I tend to think I can spare that 5 bucks for a little girl fighting leukemia looking for a cure.

But round here I have yet to run into the scenarios described.

A lot of big hearts around here. ((((((((((((((to you kind souls)))))))))))))

• quixote
    quixote

Sparkplug:

I agree with all those on this board that you are a wonderful person. You're heart is in the right place and that says a lot about you.

Wanting to help some one and not being able to is fustrating. Don't be discouraged, there will be other chances to show your charity.

Hopefully Friday you will have some money to by yourself some chocolates. They'll make you feel better

Quixote

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

This man touched your life and made you feel grateful. You're sharing the experience had the same affect on many more. You are a good woman, as I've seen from many of your posts. Your experience and reading about others' experiences made me so grateful that I am not a JW anymore and can offer more than a flipping magazine to someone in need. There are indeed, many good people in 'the world'. (((Sparky)))

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    The point of all of this is that Decki, you are wonderful, and you don't give yourself enough credit, and I aspire to be like you some day.

Your funny! Come hang with me and I can make you crazy in a week...TOPS!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

wanderlust~

you aren't allowed to have a pity party

I am soooooooooo busted.

Today I stood up and told the people who sat around me how Freud did not actually highly support his Oedipus conflict standing as hard core as we take him to. From listening to the Diane Rehm show , I heard a small tidbit on it and tried to share what I learned about our interpretation of his works due to one someone else. (I think it was Jones) that became more widely read. Anyhow...

http://www.wamu.org/programs/dr/

I started to say how the show mentioned that Shakespeare might be a bit turnedoff by our reading into and labeling of the Freudian link to Hamlet..seeing Freud was not as supportive of his own theory "for lack of better word" as we take his mother complex today. I did not get to hear all the story, but I asked if anyone had any info on this and wanted to have a real conversation.

I was told to shut up and the talk went back to the Mavricks and a pair of shoes. So I asked if anyone had heard about Cambodian Olympics and how they have one of the larges programs because of all the land mines they do this with missing limbs. They have 15 teams and each player is paid the equivelent of 20 dollars a month which is half of the Cambodian income. How they run a clean business which I heard is hard to do in Cambodia.

The lady next to me said "What kind of shit are you on Sara?"

And there we get a huge pity party of one. I felt like a giant stupid goose in a nasty pigs den. Awkward and stupid.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I see a lot of them at the Kroger on Cedar Springs and most are either on dope, alcohol or just cons and looking for a person with a big heart. Some just plain nuts.

Yeah I kind of was scare. But I was gonna let the cashier put them in his bag anonymous. I love you for caring for me.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    My JW mother would look at a person in that man's situation and moan, 'oh how we need the new system' or something dumb like that. So while they're all longing for Candyland, we can try to do a natural, human kindness when we can!!

That is something I always had a hard time with. I thought how are they going to eat a magazine. Even worse when we used to go and ask money for the magazines...Remember that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit