Why Some Stay In The Organization

by Outaservice 16 Replies latest jw friends

• pixel
    pixel

Some stay in the Borg because don't want to lose their family -Like me. But I may lose them anyway if they don't wake up soon (Which I think they won't). Really sad.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Like Gary said... the fathers aren't too well educated, and the cycle continues with the next generation. Not that I counted anyway, being just a girl. But I remember trying to read my school books in the car on the way to the meetings. I'd go out to the car again, after the meeting and try to do my homework under the streetlight while they had one of their long winded elder's meetings. Fortunately, I was a speed reader and managed to do fairly well in school. Not that anyone cared. School wasn't very important, as long as I didn't get held back a grade, because that could delay my graduation and pioneering.

I worked with an elder who was a mail carrier. He had many pretexts to stop by the Post Office on his day off, so we could all get a look at him in his suit, tie, and snappy italian leather shoes. That meant the world to him, to hear people say, "Wow, T, check you out! You look so nice, all dressed up! What's the occasion?" Then he could strut and tell us that he was a minister of Jehoopla, and he had a talk tonight at the Kingdumb Hall! I think he was partly sincere in his belief the Dubs had the truth, and partly puffed up with his own importance from all the admiration he got. This man is Hispanic, and I don't think (not positive tho) he finished high school. But he was somebody important in the congregation, and that's hard to give up.

• moshe
    moshe

R & R said-

One Elder is the biggest control freak out of the 5.He is small in stature.I think he was picked on as a teenager and now he is giving it back.I think he loves the position as Elder because that is the only place he stands out.

We had one of those in my old KH ,too. He did concrete work for a living and was hen-pecked by his wife at home,too. He loved going on a witch hunt for immorality and was even known to do stakeouts with binoculars to try and catch someone in a compromising situation.

• JH
    JH

I was a nobody at the hall

But atleast here on JWD, I'm THE RAT

• greendawn
    greendawn

Some dubs may enjoy staying in the org because they have there a good social life a lot of family members and friends and perhaps some status for one reason or another. They may believe nothing of what the org says but are willing to give a few hours of their time each week to enjoy the above. Unlike many people here not everyone cares about what the org is and does.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am also of the opinion that many of the men are there because it makes them feel important - a status they will never attain in the "world".

I felt this was rather pathetic because I didn't feel highly about the whole thing and was baffled that anybody else would.

LHG

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

moshe, what you described is a 'peeping Tom!'

Outaservice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit