~Hope for Satan & everyone?~

by FlyingHighNow 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Choosing Life, I recommend you get and read the book I mentioned earlier in this thread:

If grace Is True Why God Will Save Every Person by Philip Gulley & James Mullholland.

I'm reading it now and it's amazing. And you are welcome. According to this, everyone is in for a very pleasant surprise.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was just looking through this thread again. I feel it's worth bringing back to the top. A warm ray of sunshine in the cold, icy winter is very welcomed.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why would he not save everyone?

What if you don't want to be saved? Should he respect your wishes?

Burn

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Saved might not be a word that applies to Universalism anyway. It's more of hope beyond this pit.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Saved might not be a word that applies to Universalism anyway. It's more of hope beyond this pit.

Then what is the cognate for "saved"? And what if it really isn't such a bad pit for me? It definitely could use improvement though. :-)

I have no doubt that ultimately even evil is turned into good, but evil remains so.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, life here isn't always bad for everyone. But death still isn't cool. People usually miss you like crazy when you're overcome with a bad case of death.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, life here isn't always bad for everyone. But death still isn't cool. People usually miss you like crazy when you're overcome with a bad case of death.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Wow, this is a repackaging of the Bible if ever I saw one. I don't believe in any god, that's just from reading the Bible. There are many examples of God killing people, even for things their parents had done. While the idea is appealing (depending on what heaven is like) I don't see much grace in the Bible.

But words like saved/salvation would mean being saved from something. Avoiding something else. So if the plan was to just whisk everyone off to heaven after being born on earth, is there a hell that was built that's not being used? Is it like saying, you're in a car driving and at the end of the road there's a town where you'll stop. Your car may fall into the sea, except the sea is 1000 miles away and the road goes nowhere near it. Are you saved from drowning or is there no saving involved because you were never in any danger?

I don't see the point in worshipping this god either, I have better things to do. But that kind of attitude won't go against me, I'll still be saved. No point in having any religions really, they can cause suffering on earth and they're not needed to be saved.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - the Bible can say whatever you want it to say. Just ignore some verses and call them corrupt, point out the ones that back your claim and call them true, and voila, a new religion and belief system based on what appeals to you.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    This is my own belief. There is NO hope for Satan. Jesus has prophesied Satan's doom and this is literal.

Revelation 20 (New International Version)

Satan's Doom

7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

As for the living there is hope for ALL (even Satanists, Atheists, JWs etc!).

2 Peter 3

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

Regards,
    Stephen

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I think a religion that even saves it mythological evil generator(satan), can't be that bad, and it makes for a nice social group,, hopefully not too judgemental. As long as they don't start scaring you into giving more contributions and being obediant to church teaching then I would say they are realitively harmless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit