~Hope for Satan & everyone?~

by FlyingHighNow 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Edited to change thread title:

Is God's love so wonderful that he will save everyone? Even Satan and his dark angels? You have to admit it's an intriguing idea. Please give your thoughts on Universal Salvation.

Ever since I was a young girl, I have known that God (I have never doubted God's existence) must(as in Has To) love all of his/her children unconditionally. I knew, without being told, that there was nothing any of us could do that we could or would not be forgiven it. I entertained no idea of hell. I knew my kindly, spirit Parent could not, would not torture his children. Such things are obvious to children who have not had adults polute their hearts and minds with damnation, shame and punishment at the hands of God.

I became agnostic as a younger teenager due to some hard things I was experiencing. As an older teenager, after my sister came in contact with JW's, I was exposed to their idea of paradise, which appealed to me deeply after losing my brother that same year. Slowly, JW's robbed me of any good ideas I had about a loving, benevolent God.

Thank God my love affair with JW's dwindled and I became inactive. I longed to find my God of unconditional love. Along my spiritual journey, I have found Universalism or Universal Salvation. According to this way of beliefs, all people, all angels, no matter how rebelious will eventually find their way back to LOVE, for "God is Love." 1 John 4:8. God's love is unconditional and holds out hope for all of his creatures. I have printed the following webpage and read it and looked up the scriptures. Intrigued, I have hit my local library for more information on this awesome concept.

I hope at least some of you have stuck with this post long enough to go on to the webpage. I hope there will be at least some discussion of this message of perfect hope for all creatures and creation. I think it makes perfect sense and want to learn all I can. Perhaps God's grace, really is grace afterall. Here is the link for the page for those who'd rather open it in another window:

http://www.frimmin.com/faith/godislove.html

Please, I invite your thoughts and feelings.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh yes and Muslims, Jews, Pagans, atheists, agnostics and on and on and on. Maybe God isn't as evil as Satan after all.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

LOL, why not, he is a loving forgiving god right>

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    LOL, why not, he is a loving forgiving god right>

It's fascinating. I have been watching all the old Touched by An Angel episodes. In one of them, Tess (Della Reese) turns to Satan (John Sneider) and tells him, "AND GOD LOVES YOU, TOO!" I was struck by the scene and haven't been able to shake the thought since. Ever hear of Grand Funk Railroad? Mark Farner, the original singer believes in Universalism and one of Oral Roberts right hand men was kicked out of his church and lost his own church because he committed heresy and started preaching Universalism. I heard about this on National Public Radio. It keeps popping up everywhere.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I want to preface this by saying I don't have much faith in or use for the bible or religion in general, but here is something I wrestled with when I was part of the cluelessly dissatisfied. If God is only going to settle his issues once, for all time, why would he do it in any fashion short of breathtakingly, mindbogglingly, and "leave you standing on the side of the road with your mouth hanging open" spectacular fashion beyond anything that any other being in the universe could even begin to imagine? Why would he not save everyone? What would be the ultimate test of his wisdom, power, justice, and love but to design a situation where he truly does bring EVERYTHING back to himself?

Well, that's my two cents...

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Maybe God isn't as evil as Satan after all.

Perhaps they are one and the same.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If God would put to death good people just for not accepting his son....a son whose name people commit terrible atrocities under, he really would be no better than Satan. The interesting thing about the above page is that it shows scriptures that point to this concept of all forgiving love that is not limited to only people who formally accept Jesus as their personal savior. Isn't what Jesus lived and taught more important than a rigid demand that people accept him OR ELSE !! ?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How about this one?

"We have put our trust in the living God and he is the savior of the whole human race but particularly of all believers". -1 Tim. 4.10

In the NWT is reads: "For to this end we are working hard and exerting ourselves, because we have rested our hope on a living God, who is a savior of all sorts of men, especially of faithful ones."

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I personally feel God's 'Grace' is probably greater than we expect or can imagine! However, I do not think that all persons will be saved as many Scriptures would have to be ignored or deleted for that to happen!

Outaservice (my two cents)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I personally feel God's 'Grace' is probably greater than we expect or can imagine! However, I do not think that all persons will be saved as many Scriptures would have to be ignored or deleted for that to happen!

I'm not a person who believes God inspired or wrote the entire Bible or that the Bibles we have today have not been tampered with.

For some reason, people can't let go of the concept that the only answer to evil is to eternally punish or kill evil doers. To stretch beyond the self limiting idea of punishment, to one where good does eventually conquer all evil by evil being drawn back to good, well it's just painful for some.

The idea that we are all saved, that we are all covered by grace is mind boggling, but in a good way. It places a lot of responsibility on us. Do we want to be part of the cure of the world's ills or part of the disease while we are here? Does God have this much faith in us to be drawn to the right things eventually? I think he/she does. It's much more incentive for me, than is being terrified of God's wrath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit