The WT Club says Jesus is NOT your mediator?

by LexWatson 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

What year did the WT start to teach it's "earthly hope" members that Jesus was NOT their mediator?

What scriptures did they say supported that belief? Do JW's know their religion teaches this?

• Zico
    Zico

I think they started teaching it in 1979, but I'm not certain. Very few JWs know this belief, very few.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Watchtower

1979 April 1 p.31

"Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians?

… So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians.

…The "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is forming today is not in that new covenant.

However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant

they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant."

Watchtower

1979 November 15 p.27 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men"

"They recognize that they are not spiritual Israelites in the new covenant mediated by

Jesus Christ, nor part of the "chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation."—1 Pet. 2:9.

Rev. 7:9-15

24 Yet they do benefit from the operation of the new covenant. They benefit from this just as,

in ancient Israel, the "alien resident" benefited from residing in among the Israelites

who were in the Law covenant.—Ex. 20:10; Lev. 19:10, 33, 34;

25 To keep in relationship with "our Savior, God," the "great crowd"

needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites."

Sorry cant fix the formatting.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's not new. Rutherford was trying to insert his cult hierarchy between Christ and the rank and file years ago.

Page 104 of Riches in 1936 says that the Jonadabs must attach themselves to the Lord's organisation in order to be "...hid in the day of Jehovah's anger. (Zephania 2:3)"

Cheers

Chris

• greendawn
    greendawn

It goes back to the 1930's when Rutehrford came up with the two class system in an obviously unbiblical way by intentionally misinterpreting the Revelation verses on the 144,000. Clearly the supposedly earth bound dubs were not part of the Covenent yet even pre Christian saints were looking forward to a heavenly home.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

This is serious and ALL witness should be taking a look at this, Christ is the Mediator and there are too many scriptures to quote or paste here, the constant pushing Christ aside and taking his position is dethroning of the Christ and usurping his God given position. Setting themselves up as a god as Paul said in Thess, taking away disciples for themselves instead of turning them to him, they are Christ sheep he died for them not the GB's or slave class. This is serious errors and the witness should really take heart to this false teaching,

How more clear do they need it?

abr

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is a comprehensive article about it at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/mediator.htm

It was in 1934 that Rutherford limited the mediatorship, writing;

Watchtower 1934 April 1 p.104 “Christ Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant toward his own brethren, that is to say, spiritual Israel, during the period of time God is taking out from the nations a people for his name.”

It was during this period that Rutherford also introduced the concept that only 144,000 go to heaven. The Watchtower was forced into the position of limiting the new covenant to the 144,000 because the bible states that those under the covenant receive a heavenly resurrection.

• becca1
    becca1

I've always wonderd how those people who are praying for help and get a knock on their door by a witness ever got through to God w/o a mediator.

• Rooster
    Rooster

They also say that the bible was not written for all the people on the planet earth. It was written only for the 144,000.

• stark
    stark
    ...constant pushing Christ aside and taking his position is dethroning of the Christ and usurping his God given position. Setting themselves up as a god...

avidbiblereader, you know I'd never thought of it like that, excellent point. I had a JW act all amazed that I found Christ so important, and I always wondered why, but of course the WT takes away Christ's Deity, any worship of him, or celebration in his name, and his position of mediator, so that they can move in.

I hope you don't feel cheated when you see me using this in other threads on this site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit