Millions Now Living Will Never Die

by LexWatson 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

Millions Now Living Will Never Die! hmmm...Can the Historians out there please tell me what year this was FIRST publicised? It seems like it's old enough that the man who wrote it is surely dead!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

www.topix.net/forum/who/jehovahs-witnesses/TBCIH889B8SGD2ONN - Auld Soul provides info on the 1918 talk where it was first presented.

www.dianedew.com/jwmillns.htm refers to p 88 of the 1921 book Millions Now Living Will Never Die

• Gill
    Gill

Lex - The man who wrote it and more or less all of those fooled into believing him are dead, more or less.

What a sad reflection on the gulibility of human nature and the evil of those who play on it.

• Zico
    Zico

The man who wrote it died 65 years ago!

• Clam
    Clam

A public talk titled "The World Has Ended; Millions Now Living May Never Die" was first delivered on February 24, 1918 (soon be the 89th anniversary ) in Los Angeles.

Five weeks later, on March 31, 1918 the title was changed to indicate absolute certainty: "The World Has Ended; Millions Now Living Will Never Die."

What it should've been of course was "Millions Now Living Will Definately Die"

Clam

Ps Welcome Lex

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Check out http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/millions.htm as well. It is almost 90 years since that was written, so billions have died since then. The talk was very specific that the new system would arrive by 1925.

• Gill
    Gill

Millions of conned people!

My husbands grandmother believed she would never die. Even to her last few weeks she asked 'Why me? I was not suppoed to die! I will not die.'

Bloody WTBTS!

• Rooster
    Rooster

They are not dead. They are on sleeper cars..

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It was just another false prophecy by the wts, one of many.

Most of those that heard it must be dead by now, despite this statement from the wts in 1924

The Way To Paradise (book) 1924 p.228

[By 1925] You will have secured the services of the best decorators you can find. Some of them used to be undertakers; but since there are no more people dying, they have had to seek some new occupation. Their experience as undertakers prepared them to become decorators with very little difficulty.

There's more information on 1925 on this link

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/1925.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit