Meeting's..........the best Medicine!!!

by Latte 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

Do you remember those truly wonderful occasion’s when the meeting was in full swing, and something/one would make you laugh uncontrollably…………so much so that you had to go out.(And yes, your were sat on the front row!)
    You would go out and feel terribly guilty, and when you thought you were under control, you would venture back in only to find that the air was still full of laughter (on your row)…………..truly wonderful meeting’s!!

So, what made you laugh?

Were you the instigator of the laughter? (Tsk, Tsk)

Latte

Laughter………….the best Medicine!

• Englishman
    Englishman

I remember a assembly when a bro cracked a funny joke, the audience laughed, the speaker then started to laugh at his own joke and became so hysterical that he ran off the platform.

Priceless fun!

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Brother in Marylebone Congregation had a habit of saying 'Heavenly Father Jehovah' time and time again in prayers.

I once made a mistake of counting them... at 25 I was already in severe pain trying not to laugh... at 35 I started snorting. At 48 I was seconds away from braying, but he fortunately got to Amen.

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• Englishman
    Englishman

Brother in Feltham used to pray for "Each and everyone of us", normally would hit 10 in a prayer, more in a talk.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• JBean
    JBean

O wow! Just remembered this: A wonderful bro. who was always a little "spacey" went up to the platform to give a talk one night. He went to get out of his seat and stood up so hard the entire row of chairs attached to his, which were empty, fell over backwards. He got himself "together" and proceeded to the platform and tripped up the steps and fell flat out on his face in front of the podium! Needless to say... no one remembers what his talk was about!!! :) Bless his heart!!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

During the Whatchtower study one Sunday morning...... the brother on the platform was asking the usual questions, Several had their hands raised... the brother decided to let Sister Pain answer ( yes her real last name) He called on her pointing to the back of the hall and said........ Ok, Sister Pain in the rear, please answer the question. The question was never answered because everyone was laughing so hard. Yes she had a reputation of being a bit of a bitch and that made it even funnier.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• DIM
    DIM

did this really happen (the pain in the rear)....i've heard this story ever since i was a kid.....i've always thought it was just JW folklore.

• BlackMan4Life
    BlackMan4Life

I remember an elder from the deep south saying "I second that emotion" (a Motown tune.) In oppose to saying "I second that motion" during a congregation proposal.

I remember when I was a kid - During the memorial a bum stood up in the back of the hall and started playing his trumpet. As the brothers whisked him away, he kept saying "I want to play my trumpet."

Peace - Larry :)

[email protected]

• Xena
    Xena

There was the sister at one of our halls..from one of the "leading" families...really bitchy stuck up wench...anyway she was giving a talk and had her legs crossed and was swinging her foot with those slip on shoes on...and next thing you know that shoe flung off her foot into the first row...lol..it was PRICELESS!

Oh and once I was giving a presentation on stage when they had first started the donation/contribution whatever the heck you want to call it thing...and when I got to the end I could not get my tongue wrapped about the contribution/donation thing I looked at the "householder" and we both burst out laughing...got the whole congergation going and couldn't finish the presentation...needless to say it was awhile before I was asked to do another

Our last congergation was a really fun one, very easy going with a lot of good people in it...I wanted to thank you for reminding me that there were some good times too......

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Thak you Xena and everyone

for reminding me that there are sincere and good hearted people (although misguided) in the borg. I suppose there are sincere leaders out there that really love their con and try to do whats best for them too. Its been 25 years since I have been to a meeting and I only remember them as long and soooooo boring.

All the hurt and anger I feel about the WTS seems to shaddow everything I read or hear. I must try to be more objective.

Thanks for the humor!

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit