Lurkers, JWs, and JW apologists—In the name of Christ?

by AuldSoul 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Here, the Watchtower attempts to "mix" the two names "Jehovah" and "Jesus" in regards to persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses! Are Jehovah's Witnesses being persecuted or reproached on account of the name of Jesus, or on the account of the name Jehovah? The Watchtower applies Jehovah and Jesus as the same here. Watchtower-1954-December-1-p.725 19 No other religious organization on the earth has been persecuted for the name of Jehovah God, for which also the name Jesus stands.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks Atlantis. Once again, I am left wagging my head over ever having believed this crap.

It makes one feel foolish.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AuldSoul:

Now don't you go feeling foolish AuldSoul! Remember, many of us had no choice in the matter. If you had been told the "truth" from the start then you probably would have never gotten involved.

I was a 3rd generation JW before leaving and some of my very first memories in life were looking up at my parents who were holding Watchtower magazines in the hands. I had no choice in the matter, just as many people here never had a choice.

Feel good about yourself now that you are free and helping others to become free. You have done such a good job in your freedom and research, that it doesn't seem like any of the JWs even want to debate you!

Now that is something to be proud of! Keep up the good work old friend!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

Jesus Christ is not God.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

book marked ty!

• wobble
    wobble

Auld Soul was a thoughtful and respected poster, as you can see from the O.P

It is a brilliant question, and one to keep in your armoury if ever a JW mentions persecution as a sign they are God's Org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit