Lurkers, JWs, and JW apologists—In the name of Christ?

by AuldSoul 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Examine 1 Peter 4:14 and John 15:17-21 and consider: Can you name any of Jehovah's Witnesses who has ever been persecuted or reproached on account of the name of Jesus? Please think very carefully about what the answer means, in light of plainly stated Scripture.

I would love to see a discussion about this that includes comments from JWs and apologists.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

No takers?

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Nope, not a one!!!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear AuldSoul,

Hmmmm,

Now that is a excellent question!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AuldSoul..I do believe you have a funny bone..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

They aren't witnesses of Jesus, they reject him at the Evening Meal, and they demoted him to an archangel. How in the world could they be persecuted in his name??

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Careful, OUTLAW. Don't blow my cover.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Rbi8Acts1:6-8***

When, now, they had assembled, they went asking him: "Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?" 7 He said to them: "It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction; 8 but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

• marsal
    marsal

AuldSoul,

That is a very good question to ask JWs. In addition to the scriptures you gave, here are some more scriptures which speak about being persecuted or reproached on account of the name of Jesus:

Matt. 5:11; Matt. 10:22; Matt.24:9

Mark 13:13; Luke 21:12; Luke 21:17; Philippians 1:29

Acts 5:39-42; Acts 9:16; Acts 15:24; Acts 21:12

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks for those additions, marsal. Perfect little collection. Not just two witnesses, but over a dozen.

Yet, on the strength of a single recounting drawn from a non-canonical book, the Governing Body demotes Jesus to an archangel.

They really are a disgusting bunch, aren't they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit