Help! My fade about to be blown by my wife's obituary

by lighthouse19something 14 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Is your sister-in-law someone you can talk to about this? I like Aude's suggestion. (((((((((((((((((lighthouse)))))))))))))))))))) Sorry you are going through this.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Thanks everyone, Scully, what I'm worried about in My mother, she's the jw, and I don't want the elders making trouble for her about me. She understands my fade and I have not formally DAed myself for hersake

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Condolences concerning your wife. I think what your wife wanted should go in the obituary and stuff everyone else. Obviously you might want to be more tactful.

read the obits everyday to see if a schoolmate has died or a workmate or a family member. I read others just out of curiosity.

Blondie - and i thought i was morbid!!!!!

• exjdub
    exjdub

Lighthouse,

I am so sorry about the loss of your wife. I have been married 25 years and I can only imagine what you are going through right now. Your pain is unimaginable.

My question to you is: What would your wife have wanted you to do? If my wife's wish was to have an obituary mentioning her church, I can tell you that the obit would have her church in it...I don't care what would happen to me. It is all refuse after that...

exjdub

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Lighthouse, first I am sorry to hear about your wife and my heart and prayers go out to you, in a loving way the sister in this time of tragedy should understand that her sister had other concerns than having her name of the church mentioned and is not doing it for the family and your sake. that is why they call it the "will or wishes" of the deceased.

Her sister wants to put which church she's been attending in her obituary,

She wasn't married to her sister but you, and it is your descision based on conversations you had with your wife.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit