Would Blondie or Mary ever make it as Elders in your old Congregation?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agapa37
    agapa37

I know many women who would make wonderful shepards. Even though women are not allowed to take the lead in the Congregation, they can be and are vauluable individuals within the Congregation.

• Mary
    Mary

Make it as elders? Are you kidding? We'd both be shot on sight!!.......(It's gotta be the blonde hair)

Seriously though, even if Blondie and I were men, we'd never make it as elders, simply because we can think, reason and come to conclusions without any "bible aids" provided by Crooklyn. And that is a far bigger threat to the Organization than being the wrong sex.

With that said, I don't feel I deserve any accolades as I'm no Einstein.........there are plenty of people on this board that are a hell of a lot smarter than what I am.

Blondie said: Truly, if any man or woman put on the qualities that Jesus was attributed with, no congregation would need elders.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Unfortunately in the Organization, elders generally are not chosen for either displaying the qualities of Jesus, or for being intelligent. They are chosen primarily for being yes-men, for getting at least 10 hours of Service in each month and for not questioning procedures or anything that comes from the higher ups. And we all know that those elders that do display good qualities and turn to the bible for guidance instead of the Elder's Manual, will be eventually be forced out. What a shame.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"They are more like policy enforcers than teachers." Good observation, obviously a bunch of old men in Brooklyn wouldn't be able to control tens of thousands of congregations around the world without local helpers. Even worse they have no training for the positions of responsibility they hold and it often shows.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Who would want to be ellders in the BORG?

Cheers

Borgia

• Marcel
    Marcel

Mary wrote: I was thinking the exact same thing. Unfortunately in the Organization, elders generally are not chosen for either displaying the qualities of Jesus, or for being intelligent. They are chosen primarily for being yes-men, for getting at least 10 hours of Service in each month and for not questioning procedures or anything that comes from the higher ups. And we all know that those elders that do display good qualities and turn to the bible for guidance instead of the Elder's Manual, will be eventually be forced out. What a shame.

mary, you're so right. i never thought in that way about it. but its perfectly true. on the men/women topic: i think it there IS a point of view where you can use the bible to backup the WTGs teaching on men and women. and i think if they would change it it could have a big impact. imagine two elders (different sex) having an affair... things would get complicated because they would need to seperate men and women elders when they need to do tasks... they shouldnt be alone sometime... then this overall sexwar... men and women often dont understand eachother thinking the other sex is "dumb, lazy, whatever". both sexes are often jealous on the other. what i want to say is: it would generate a bunch of new problems. so why should the wtg talk theirselfs out of this doctrine. there is none. most jw women seem to accept their role.

i dont think one sex is more able to lead. i know one elder who secretly searches the advice of his wife in heavy problems, because she is a intelligent one. but there are some fine men too.

the mainproblem is described by mary above. its the method to apoint elders. they doesnt need to be intelligent or have other qualities of jesus. they only need to have a somehow good reputation in the congregation, a minimum time in service, need to follow all rules without asking and the ability to hide their sins. ;)

sadly these requirements are also fulfilled by complete idiots. i know some of them. idiots who are alcoholics with no respect of their wife. just good hiding and some good numbers on a paper (and a daddy on a high position) and they become and stay elders. thats so sad.

i think a "unisex" elder would be better in many ways (do you remember those congregations where they have a crowd of women who could be an elder, but only 2 or 3 not qualified men who ARE elders?), but in the organizations current state it would cause a lot of problems. from embarrased men to much more elders having sex with eachother (i imagine a congregation where "elders meeting" means something completely different :D)

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

I think Mary and Blondie would do a great job. But since they're both so pretty, they'd be accused of Jezebels lol.

I also think they don't deserve to be just elders. They both would have to be on the GB. Providing food at the proper time. They sure wouldn't make as many mistakes as the WTS has hahaha. Oh yeah and throw Mouthy in the group too.

justahuman - but super nonetheless

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

If Blondie, Mary, Scully, Leolia (sorry for the misspelling), Lady Lee and Mulan were the elders in my old congo, I'd still be a JW.

But the JWs would be a much more interesting and worthy organization!

Jankyn

• anewme
    anewme

The ultimate goal of Christ was for men and women to be like him, teachers, strong, true, and faithful,
    each one capable of leadership.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I notice that Blondie And Mary are Supreme Ones, Is this position of Supreme One higher than that of elder ?

KT

• Gill
    Gill

They would have been the BEST!

However, if you don't have a willy you can only be second best and that, as they say is that!!!!

Reminds me of my dumb ass father telling me how he was 'over' my mother and the 'head' and only Christ and Jehovah are over him!

My mum may not be the brightest on the planet but she has more sense than my father could ever hope to have! How can he be the 'head'?

The same applys in Kingdom Halls all over the world. Women amount to nothing in Watchtower land and in all religions.

Best Policy.......scrap religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit