Favourite Movie scores/soundtracks of all Time?

by Crumpet 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have to agree with Leslie.The Phantom of the Opera is awesome..gives me chills everytime I hear one of the songs from it.

Come to me Angel of Music......

Snoozy

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

tuberlar bells..from the exorcist

Tikjmo, that one scares the hell outta me every time I hear it. I should of never read that damn exorcist book! I was about 15 years old when I read it! Creepy! The book is way worse than the movie.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Restrangled - totally agree - how could I have missed that out.

RAF - I love resevoir dogs too - a very memorable movie sound track - I love "Little Green Bag"

Also The Beach - that is brilliant - every song is a winner.

I love the score for O Brother Where Art Thou - some really funny songs - like "HE's in the Jailhouse now" which I love to sing.

Also the soundtrack to "I Am Sam" one of Dakota Fanning earliest movies and still IMO one of her best alongside Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer - a beautiful movie that makes me cry and a beautiful soundtrack.

I usually end up buying albums of people who contribute to movie soundtracks - like I would never have heard of Bic Runga without her song Sway on the first American Pie movie,

Also Rufus Wainwright singing Hallelujah on Shrek is gorgeous. I already had the Proclaimers album!

(I better stop - am starting to sound really nerdy now)

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

By far my favourite must be Gladiator.

Especially the last bit which seems to be Hebrew since the word "Shalom" comes up often.

Absolutely haunting.

Wish I knew who composed the music, though. My CD does'nt seem to say.

Cheers

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm pretty sure it was Hans Zimmer - the same one who composed much of the soundtrack to Hannibal amongst many other movies.

• proplog2
    proplog2

My favorite original sound track is from "Breakfast at Tiffanys" Henry Mancini

Unfortunately "Moon River" overshadows all the great tracks from this movie.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Some of my favorites were already mentioned, but I also like Platoon, and The Prince of Tides.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit