Favourite Movie scores/soundtracks of all Time?

by Crumpet 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I was just going through my CDs and unapcking them and noticed that I have way more film scores than anything else.

Particular favourites have to be:

1) The Mission - Ennio Morricone - beautiful and moving

2) Hannibal - Hans Zimmer - haunting and with a stunning opera piece which I love

3) Flashdance - various, but just listening makes me feel like a horny teenager

Anyone got any favourites that bring back particular memories or that you like to listen to as much as you'd re-watch the movie?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This is the End (The Doors) on Apolcalypse Now

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You beat me to it crumpet. my fave is The Mission

Quite like 'The Piano' as well.

• Twitch
    Twitch

The Last Temptation of Christ - Passion - Peter Gabriel }-|

The Crow - Various artists :-(

Tank Girl - Various artists :-)

• RAF
    RAF

• The Mission / but also / The good the bad and the Ugly (I also like both movies)
    • La leçon de piano - the Piano lesson? (wonderfull movie)
    • The last of the Mohican (Excellent - the movie too)
    • Reservoir dog (excellent soundtrack - the movie is well special)
  • Abandoned
    Abandoned

I don't know if it's my favorite, favorite, but I LOVE the soundtrack to Rocky Horror Picture Show. Susan Sarandon singing, Toucha, toucha, toucha, touch me...I wanna get dirty... Mercy!

• frozen one
    frozen one

Quentin Tarantino puts together great soundtracks for his movies. Kill Bill 1&2, Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir Dogs come to mind. Prince's Purple Rain soundtrack is really good also.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I love the Amelie and Frida soundtracks. And I have been listening to my Greys Anatomy soundtracks I got for Christmas all the time.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

both Kill Bills are excellent. My current ring tone is the very beautiful "Tu Mira"which reminded me of the Mission.

I have yet to see Frida- I seem to keep missing that one - its added to my list tho!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

pink floyd the wall...does that count

tuberlar bells..from the exorcist

gladiator

birdy...peter gabriel score

a room with a view...reunited me with opera

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit