My Bethel Experience Part 11

by new boy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Calvin Chyke hauled him into his office one day and told him, that he was a disgrace to the organization..........and how dare he put on his truck "KEEP ON TRUCKING"............when EVERYONE knew that REALLY meant KEEP ON F....KING! Oh.........those brothers they just love to have fun with us. There are two types of people in the "Lord's house" the testors and the testies.

So that's what "Keep on trucking" means... I'd like to thank the Watchtower for finally teaching me something.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

25 years apart and nothing changes. Your stories bring back strong memories for me. I thought we were the first to make the suicide runs home. When I was there, You had one saturday off a mointh, Me and my boys from the dee would jump into my Jetta and haul ass to detroit. From the factory bldg to my momma's house was a 10 hour trip. We would have the car already loaded and head out at 5:30 friday evening. we would get to mom's at about 4 in the morning. Sleep all around the house, wake up at around noon and hang out and party till approximatly 6pm sunday evening and then head back to N.Y to be 'ready for morning worship.

One time there was a big Afro-american festival in downtown detroit and one of my boys had never seen that many black people in one place before. We had already passed the 6PM. mark and I was like we need to go. Dude looks at me and said whats the latest we can leave? I said if we skip morning worship we can be back for work at 8am if we leave at 10pm. So we hung out till 10pm and than hit the highway. At 5 minutes to 8am I was dropping one guy off at the homes (lucky bastard worked in the homes and took an excused day) me and dude went to the factory and started making more knowledge books.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, it is true about cars being stripped in certain parts of NY. Many years ago I was on a date after work. We were driving around (I forget where) the outskirts of an area and we saw a bunch of little thugs that looked to be 11-12 years old going to town on somebody's nice car that was parked. We looked at them and they looked at us and just continued what they were doing. When we passed by a couple of hours later the car looked almost stripped - no tires. The owner must have been in shock when he returned. He probably parked his car there because he didn't want to pay a garage. Bad move.

Seeing this experience told me that it definitely pays to bite the bullet and shell out money to park your car in a decent garage. Hopefully, it will be there intact when you return.

LHG

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Great read as ever...

."I was serving a 1 to 4 for impersonating a minister"

Rotfl.

Waiting for next installment.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hurry up with Part 12!

(PS I replied to your PM - I hope you had chance to read my link)

• new boy
    new boy

Cars are fun!....hope this isn't t****ing my horn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit