Question for this forum???

by spectromize 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear Frenchy,

In reply to:

Is He helping them?

" I do believe Jehovah God answers prayers for diffrent ones of mankind that don't know Him as well as they should. The scriptures speak of Jehovah's eyes roving the earth in search of ones who will worship Him with spirit and truth. If it's in harmony with His will, He will answer. For who has come to know the mind of Jehovah. He sees the heart as compared to us who often misread people. One example I could give you as far Jehovah helping non worshippers of Him is Naaman the chief of the army of the king of Syria (2 Kings chapter 5) If you read the account in it's opening verses, this chapter will tell you that it was by him that Jehovah had given salvation to Syria. The interesting thing about this account is that the Syrians had gone out as maurauder bands and they got to taken captive from the land of Israel that little girl that would eventually turn out to be a blessing for Naaman and turn Naaman into a worshipper of Jehovah. So you see in this case, unknown to Naaman, Jehovah was watching and showed love for this man."

How do you know God is helping you?

"From my own experience I can tell you that I had had my prayers answered in the way of knowledge. I have personally prayed for more truth in the way of knowing Jehovah and was devasted when my prayer was answered for it rocked my world so to speak. I mean this in a good way, although very painful. Jehovah will not answer prayers that know will crush you, but in due time, when you are strong enough to handle such specific prayer request without going over the edge, He will answer. Sometimes because of what we perceive as our concept of how our prayer will be answered we miss it completely, for not how man thinks, but Jehovah thinks on the matter."

Both 'good' and 'bad' are praying and are convinced that their prayers are being answered, so what is the diffrence ?

" This brings an experience to mind that I recall while watching the evening news. The anchor man was reporting on a central U.S.A town and it's baptist church and how the pastor of the church prayed for a bus to take the elderly and others so that they could make it for the services. Becaused they lacked the funds he saw fit to make it a subject of his prayers. Well wouldn't you know it a short time later, someone out of the blue donated a bus to the church.

We must remember that the ruler of this world will keep his empire going right to the end and he also observes every part of his domain and fills the need to make sure people are kepted in darkness. The scribes and pharisees in Jesus day probably thought they were being blessed by God and their prayers answered because of their prosperity. But they had warped reasoning, they became rich by ripping people off at the temple and some of their warped teachings , that's why Jesus overturned the tables at the temple and told them to stop making the house of his Father a cave of robbers.

If you review some of the society's publication on the kind of prayers God answers you will find that it's fairly accurate. There is some good info.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Spectromize, I disagree with your assertion that because someone is NOT a JW, their prayers must therefore be answered by Satan.

That assumption is WAY too simplistic and does not explain the many instances of answered prayers that would in no way benefit Satan.

Your example of the Pharisees is totally flawed. They received their riches by harming others, and they received back exactly what they had given.

I used to think in this narrow way, also. Only those at the KH could expect an answer. Only those at the KH who prayed for very specific things could expect an answer. Life experience has proved to me that this is NOT the case. Life experience has also presented me with many instances where the simplistic "Satan did it" does not hold water.

There have lately been many documented cases of prayer being used to help heal animals or people. In no way does this appear to be Satan. These are prayers without religious affiliation....just simple faith and a desire to help others. Are you saying that Jehovah just ignores these pleas, while Satan continually aids the supplicants in a manner that glorifies God and gives no benefit to Satan, himself?

It simply makes no sense to me. I think there needs to be a little thinking outside the box here.

• spectromize
    spectromize

testing testing

Edited by - spectromize on 14 May 2000 17:23:58

• spectromize
    spectromize

testing testing

Edited by - spectromize on 14 May 2000 17:20:29

• spectromize
    spectromize

testing testing

Edited by - spectromize on 14 May 2000 17:18:48

• spectromize
    spectromize

testing testing

Edited by - spectromize on 14 May 2000 17:17:9

• spectromize
    spectromize

Seem to be having tech. problems posting here, every time I reply, my posts disappear.

• spectromize
    spectromize

testing testing

Edited by - spectromize on 14 May 2000 17:14:12

Edited by - spectromize on 14 May 2000 17:15:20

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Spectromize
    DO you get any error messages when you post the reply or does it appear to have worked but just not show up ?

• spectromize
    spectromize

Simon, I don't get any error messages but I think I have a problem with my computer at home. looks like everything is working now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit