Selling our old KH

by JimWood 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JimWood
    JimWood

We just confirmed that our former KH (Endicott NY)is being sold and all the other KH are being consolidated (Endicott is being dissolved). The funny thing is noone we still have contact with thinks its odd. Anyone else have this going on in their area? Also, this was just extensively remodeled two years ago, and a lot of local donations were taken in to help pay for it (I'm sure they all will get their money back). Later, Jim

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I bet they don't quote this scripture anymore

Is 60:22 22 The little one himself will become a thousand, and the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, shall speed it up in its own time.”

abr

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hi Jim

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Oops - Hi Jim, is it lack of attendance?

• JimWood
    JimWood

TS-

Well as a whole the entire circuit has been dwindleing. My wife and I got the ax in Nov. another couple got it in Jan. Other halls attendance is down, I personally think it is a trend (at least in upstate NY) We just find it amusing, such an outin-rush of people. A neighboring KH elder was excited that they are getting 40 'new' publishers bring their total to just over 100. New? they are transplants not new. They tell them selves anything to feel better.

• blondie
    blondie

The congregation probably has not been able to keep up the payments, thus they are sellling and then sharing a KH close by (will help out that congegation with their expenses as well).

The area around here has been stagnat for 10 years; no new congregations and no new KHs. One congregation is sharing with 2 others because they can't afford to build because of the decrease.

Blondie

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This is happening all over my area.

tsof

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

So, when a KH is sold, who gets the money? WTBTS? Local trustees? Divided up among the brothers and sisters who contributed to its construction/maintainence?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

The congregation(s) who hold title after all debts have been taken care of.

tsof

• blondie
    blondie

The congregation that sold its hall and is now sharing a KH with 2 other congregations, kept the money. Remember that each congregation that holds the territory the building is in forms a non-profit corporation which is administered by 3 elders selected from that congregation. No individual in the congregation has a share in that. If the congregation is dissolved, the money should revert to the parent non-profit corporation, the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit