New to the site

by Christy.taylor 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Christy.taylor
    Christy.taylor

Hey everyone, I am new to this site. My great grandmother was a Witness and I was in the truth in my young childhood. My mother is disfellowshipped and I am currently studying with my husband, who knew nothing about the truth but had been very good at studying and has great knowledge about the bible. I have trouble getting motivated to get to the meetings and I am having trouble stopping smoking. The only people that I talk to that are in the truth are the brother and sister that I study with. Don't get me wrong I can call them anytime and talk and they are really GREAT!! They are my "spiritual parents". My parents are not in the truth and are very hard drinkers. It had been very hard for me to grow up in the family that I have and then try, as an adult, to make my life better. I stumbled apon this site looking for an article from one of the Awakes and I really felt like I can meet inspirational people. I know in my heart that I want everything that is right and I know that I need it in my life. I would love to talk.

Christy

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Welcome to the site. You call learn SOOOOooooo much hear...

• juni
    juni

Welcome Christy to the forum.

Just ask away; there will always be posters here to answer your questions. And we also give moral support w/o conditions.

Juni

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome!

GGG

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Christy.taylor

You'd do well in trying to separate the wheat (reality) from the chaff (study with JW's). Spend some time here if you can. You'll be amazed at what you find. It could help answer many questions you might or may have.

Dismembered

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome, Christy.taylor!

Remember the example of the Berean's: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." (Acts 17:10, 11)

The word translated "noble" or "nobleminded" means "fair mindedly", they judged what they heard carefully, weighing the evidence carefully in light of the Bible. They did not just accept things they were taught as truth because of how much they liked the people teaching them. They liked what they heard but checked it out thoroughly to make sure it matched the Bible.

If you do that you will be just fine.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Christy,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to JWD, Christy.

Cellist

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Christy, and welcome to the forum

• free2think
    free2think

Hi Christy, welcome to JWD. I hope you find the answers you are looking for here.

f2t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit