Faith in God

by A Paduan 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

however they have faith in Gods earthly organization, and that stands as proof their faith is not in vain.

I'm not following that - could you elaborate ?

• Perry
    Perry

Hi there Onacruse,

If I may, I'd like to just pick up on something you said:

If we take that "equation of faith," and look for the reciprocity, then I would have to say that I don't have, nor did I ever really have (a realistic basis) for faith in God.

You seem to be saying that your wife's works is equal to your faith in and commitment to her. Allow me to explain why I believe this to be inaccurate.

When you married your wife, all you had to go on was her works and movement toward you up until that time, right? Yet, you made a commitment to her far out of proporation to the good deeds she performed on your behalf up until that time. I mean, you promised to be faithful to her for the rest of her life, right? And, that was just based on a short period of time of her good works toward you.

So, your lifelong commitment to her wasn't based on actual reciprocity at all, but on a prediction of it.... in other words, faith. The realistic basis for your decision to marry wasn' t the fact that she existed, nor was it necessarily even on her current and past good works, but was based on your educated prediction of her future performance as a wife.

Why would it be any different with God? I mean He performed far more "good works" toward you than your wife did because unlike your wife, He knew every single lapse in character, stupid thing, and crime you were guilty of and yet still offers you a pardon. Had your wife been privy to the same information while you all were dating would she still have married you? Perhaps, but maybe not though. So, God provides at least as much righteousness (realistic basis) as your wife does, right?

Edited to add my main point.....sorry

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Paduan,

however they have faith in Gods earthly organization, and that stands as proof their faith is not in vain.

I'm not following that - could you elaborate

What I meant was, in the mind of the witness, their Organization is proof enough for them they've got it right.

Ellderwho trying to be a bit tongue&cheek.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit