Does anybody know if Prince is an active witness?

by oppgirl63 10 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

My roommate and I were watching the Super Bowl last night and I mentioned that Prince the JW was doing the halftime show. She insisted that if he was a JW, he was either inactive or dissassociated because he was doing something that wasn't appropriate for JW's (I didn't really see anything he did that was so bad).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well first off he wasn't wearing a white shirt without a tie and it was unbuttoned!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I was watching the superbowl with a couple of my relatives that are hardcore dubs. Before the show started one remarked to the other that he was a witness to which the other replied "well, he must be disfellowshipped then". "Why would you say that?" , the first dub stated.......and then the conversation was summarily dropped. It was surreal, watching them sit there watching the show, looking to see if he'd allude to being a witness in any way.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I have read that he was studying with the Witnesses, that he went out in service and was married in a Kingdom Hall (he has since divorced). While some articles say he is a Jehovah's Witness, lots of Witnesses don't view him as such. One of the most recent articles I saw pertaining to him says he is a Jehovah's Witness. If he's not a Witness, he is sending mixed messages and certainly favors them. Check it out. It's the last article at the end.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/494069p-416141c.html

• I quit!
    I quit!

Wasn't he raised a JW? Maybe he has all the brain scars of someone raised a JW and can't figure out which way he wants to go. On one side its holding the mic with thousand cheering for him while on the other side it passing it around at the KH and holding it for sister oldie while she makes a comment on how Jehovah is working through is people today.

• Highlander
    Highlander

He was raised as a seventh day adventist. For many years he's been affiliated with the j-dubs and a few years ago he finally converted.

He does go preaching, and when he does he arrives in a limo and a body guard with him.

Last I heard, he is still active. I've met him in person at a convention and have also seen him at paisley park doing a private performance.

It's true though that many witnoids question that he's a witness just because he's still performing. My wife was one of them. I told her last night that prince is a j-dub. She responded

that he must not be active. She's a typical judgemental j-dub. I told her to grow up and stop judging people and that prince is still active and preaches. She still doesn't

believe that he's a j-dub.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

He is a Dub.(although I don't beleave he is baptised) I know this cuz I have worked on tour for him a few times in the past. When I was on tour with him, and the crew we always got Tracts, Watchtowers, and Awakes weekly stuffed in our road info/promo packs... It also seems to me that in the past few years he is starting to take his being a Dub a bit more deeply...

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I heard a few months ago that he has gotten more serious about the WTS lately and will not sing any of his old songs that have profane/obscene words.

I noticed his dancers were all completely clothed in the half time show. Of course that could be cause it was raining & cooler.

• blondie
    blondie

JWs in Minneapolis have told me he is baptized, attends meetings, and goes d2d. I wish I could remember which congregation. He also attends a Toronto congregation.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    He is a Dub.(although I don't beleave he is baptised) I know this cuz I have worked on tour for him a few times in the past. When I was on tour with him, and the crew we always got Tracts, Watchtowers, and Awakes weekly stuffed in our road info/promo packs...

guess he's not above using his position as a employer to push WT litter-ature on people. Of course his numbers for placements would always be stellar.

I wonder if a harassment case could've been made against him for, on religious grounds, creating a hostile work environment for pushing all that non-work related material on people weekly?

I'm sure a typical JW would make a case out of it if the roles were reversed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit