My Bethel Experince Part V

by new boy 32 Replies latest social current

• moshe
    moshe

These stories are great, it is just like a rotten tour in the Army, I see.

• blondie
    blondie

My first visit to Bethel as an adult was in 1971. Little did I know what was going on behind the scenes. I had already toured Brooklyn and was taking out 2 Bethel brothers from my home congregation. Their stories match up with yours. Sad to say, the stories did not change over the years.

When I first heard about New Boy School and how everyone had to go even JWs that were over 40 when they came to Bethel, I wondered what they learned. "Flush thoroughly." Yes, they had to teach them how to flush the toilet. You could think that by 19 and definitely by 40 that a person would know that.

During one visit we met 2 guys that assembled the boxes that were used to ship the publications, 8 hours a day, 5.5 days a week.

Blondie

• lawrence
    lawrence

Excellent! Thanks, really enjoying your series. Keep 'em coming!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

NB,

I don't know how you guys did it! I swear I would have been in the nut hatch before the end of the first month. Lilly

• heathen
    heathen

geeze there really is no "jehovahs happy people" is there? just have a little laugh and clowning around they get all uptight .They run that place like a concentration camp , very sad to hear that , who needs government harassment , just do some time at Bethel. can't wait for part 6.

• bernadette
    bernadette
    Standing in the same spot, doing the same motion thousands of times a day..

Remember when visiting bethel being transfixed by the bros stacking the mags as they came of the machine - couldn't imagine how they could 'enjoy' doing that all day. Poor things - hope they got out as u have done

• juni
    juni

Thanks again for your continuing Bethel saga.......

Juni

• new boy
    new boy

To orange fat cat.

To answer your question..............I will ask one.........How many black brothers on the GB?....It is a white male dominated organization...........women and blacks are shit. The head of the man is the christ the head of the women is man and..............the head of any black man is the German minded GB.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

As a black man I had no rythym for the bindry. I worked on the 5th floor binders too. Nothing like grabbing 3 signiture bundles, ripping the string off and keeping the line fed...oh thats only one hopper, typically you had to handle at least 3 hoppers at once. When I got to bethel working the sewing machines was a break from feeding the binder. The sewing machines were for the insight, proclamers and reference bibles.

Did you ever have to work in the bailer room? Thats where you take the paper and used signitures and makle them into 1 ton paper bails. The pre-requisite for working in the bailer room was you had to weigh over 200lbs (due to the extreem weight loss that normally occured working there.) I dont know if its bad or good, but I was the only bailer operator that gained weight while working there.

• new boy
    new boy

Darth

There was one black brother who was in charge of the "end sheet gluers" in 1972..........He was the only one who could keep them running..........they were pieces of shit (because they were made in the machine shop).............well anyway they wouldn't let him take a vacation. He was the only one who could them running.........someone they actually needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit